Brake Press Programmer/Operator
Metal | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Brake Press Programmer/Operator
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Brake Press Programmer/Operator to join our team in Toronto.This position requires you to perform a variety tasks in the metal department to fabricate high quality custom structures and components.
This role will be responsible for the set-up, operation, and maintenance of various metal fabrication machines and equipment to ensure efficient running of production.
- Manufacture parts and tools from metal using a computer numeric controlled (CNC) press brake.
- Producing parts by making precision bends based on programming inputs to the controller.
- Program CNC press brake to manufacture parts from blueprints, 3D models, engineering parameters
- Operate CNC press brake, load, edit and optimize programs based on in-process inspection of first article parts.
- Responsible for the daily setup and operation of a CNC controlled press brake
- Assist other operators on other machines with regard to production schedule
- Select correct tooling for the job task with setup documents
- Load, install and correctly set up the tools required with some assistance from shop personnel
- Must read and interpret layouts, job folders and blueprints for parts in fabrication
- Perform work to time standards and quality expectations
- Make routine decisions and use problem solving to resolve basic manufacturing issues or seek assistance
- Participate in press and tooling preventative maintenance at the operator level
- Work with various types of metal forming constraints with guidance
- Perform machine setups (calibration and cleaning) to start production cycle;
- Operate high speed machine tools for fabricating/manufacturing parts;
- Ensure all machines and equipment are in good working order, clean, and notify shop foreman of required repairs and maintenance.
- Lay-out, position, and secure parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler.
- Cut and fit material for assembly using powered saws, shears, bending or punching machine.
- Inspect grooves, angles, or gap allowances using precision measuring instruments.
- Remove rough spots from work piece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
- Polish, buff, and/or finish metal to remove rough spots.
- Climb ladders to reach objects and occasionally work in tight areas; Some mild heavy lifting may be required.
- Assist with fabrication, polishing, cleaning, and shipping duties as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The work environment is fast-paced, creative, and rewarding. If you are a team player and want to be part of a growing organization then this may be the perfect role for you. While we wish to thank all applicants for their interest in Eventscape, only those qualified for an interview will be selected.
At Eventscape, our focus is customization, our playground is architecture and our expertise is fabrication. We are the preferred partner for design and architectural professionals around the world whose creative vision requires the highest standard of fabrication. Together we share one aim: to “build the extraordinary”!
How do we do it? By working together to refine your design concept, providing expertise on materiality, finishes, details and fabrication methods; plus, embracing R+D as a critical part of each project’s success. With dedicated project managers, design detailers, engineers, fabricators, staging as well as shipping services and installers - all in-house, we provide a turnkey solution for building your custom architectural features. With access to state of the art machinery, we truly are an architectural toy factory. We build what others can’t.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.eventscape.com.