AP & AR Specialist
Accounting | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Receivable & Payable Specialist (AR & AP Specialist) to join our team in Toronto.
The role will monitor the life cycle of company projects, investigate variances, approve expenses and ensure billings are issued to clients and payments are collected. The AR & AP Specialist will ensure that all financial aspects of project execution are on track.
This position is expected to display a high degree of personal initiative and must be able to identify and resolve project costing problems independently with minimal guidance and/or supervision.
- Carry out billing, collection, and reporting activities including telephone calls, emails, and letters to ensure company payment terms are adhered to
- Maintain up-to-date billing system
- Ensure that internal and external account queries are properly managed to minimize the risk of bad debts
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files
- Investigate and resolve customer queries
- Process orders and prepare invoices and credit notes for company products
- Post cash to ensure financial records are accurate
- Reconcile accounts
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities.
- Liaise with Sales to ensure accuracy and completeness in billing system
- Prepare bank deposits
- Prepare production, costing, and inventory reports comparing factors affecting pricing and profitability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Degree or diploma in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and Accounting Software, Salesforce or other CRM system experience (Business Vision, Sage 300 an asset)
- Manufacturing or similar industry experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
The work environment is fast-paced, creative, and rewarding. If you are a team player and want to be part of a growing organization then this may be the perfect role for you. While we wish to thank all applicants for their interest in Eventscape, only those qualified for an interview will be selected.
At Eventscape, our focus is customization, our playground is architecture and our expertise is fabrication. We are the preferred partner for design and architectural professionals around the world whose creative vision requires the highest standard of fabrication. Together we share one aim: to “build the extraordinary”!
How do we do it? By working together to refine your design concept, providing expertise on materiality, finishes, details and fabrication methods; plus, embracing R+D as a critical part of each project’s success. With dedicated project managers, design detailers, engineers, fabricators, staging as well as shipping services and installers - all in-house, we provide a turnkey solution for building your custom architectural features. With access to state of the art machinery, we truly are an architectural toy factory. We build what others can’t.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.eventscape.com.