Full Stack Developer
Engineering | Toronto, Ontario | Full Time
Eve Kit is Canada's first at-home STI and HPV screening service for women*. We encourage women to be proactive about their sexual health by providing convenient, accurate and private testing from home. We are currently seeking a talented and passionate Full Stack Developer to join our small, dynamic team. Let's get more people screening, together!
The Full Stack Developer is responsible for leading and driving the development of the Eve Kit platform. The Eve Kit platform is a web platform designed for patients and healthcare professionals to receive sexual health test results. We’ve developed the current system with external contractors and are now looking to bring on talent in-house. You, as our first and solo engineer, will have the opportunity to design and shape product growth – from the ground up!
This is an opportunity that is critical to the success of Eve Medical, and can significantly impact the health and lives of women* across Canada and globally.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Full stack and DevOps experience, including frontend, backend, production deployment and databases
- Understand regulatory requirements (PHIPA, HIPAA) and develop a product that keeps regulatory standards for medical devices top-of-mind
- Build a beautiful and responsive web app from back to front that integrates with partner APIs
- Own the product from end-to-end, leading technical development and driving continual product improvements
- Design, develop and maintain new and existing code as well as technical architecture
- Build a scalable and robust system that can grow to support the needs of our patients as well as our operational needs
- Keep up-to-date, recommend and utilize best practices in code development
- Work solo on building the Eve Kit platform – you will have the support of the rest of the team, including external mentorship if necessary, but you will be the sole and primary driving force behind the development of the Eve Kit platform
We are ideally looking for someone with the following:
- A Computer Science or Software Engineering degree, or experience in software development
- Knowledge and execution of software development lifecycle and agile methodology
- Experience with electronic healthcare records (EHR/EMR), PHIPA and/or HIPAA compliance (privacy laws and requirements) is a very strong asset
- Extensive QC/QA, unit testing, and end-to-end testing methodologies, including version control and configuration management (Github, etc)
- A strong belief in our mission as a company to improve women*'s health and a desire to do work that matters
- A self-starter who is eager to own their projects
- Must be a team player! We are a collaborative team who are enthusiastic about working with other
- Familiarity with event logging, tracing functions, etc. and working closely with analytics team members for business development
- Should be comfortable working with and discussing topics including sexuality, healthcare, gender, biology etc.
- Bonus if you have a good eye for graphic design
*Eve Kit recognizes that not all potential users of this device identify as a woman. Screening is equally important for trans and non-binary individuals who have a cervix.