Strategy | Oakland, CA | Full Time
We are Evolution Bureau, and we evolve brands for the future.
As a full-service agency, we partner with brands to help solve their business challenges by boosting their cultural relevancy. We do this with a signature approach that blends emerging technology, behavioral insights, digital trends and a core understanding of the digital native.
Our job goes beyond the typical shout tactics of advertising. We develop press-worthy ideas, meaningful platforms, useful utilities and entertaining social currency that connect on an authentic and intimate level, resulting in natural participation, co-creation, sharing and good ol’ fashioned brand love.
We don’t help brands join the conversation. We help brands be the conversation.
We're currently looking for a Senior Strategist to join our team.
The Senior Strategist at EVB is passionate about digital innovation and telling brand stories across digital platforms.
You are involved in all aspects of EVB's work, from helping to build digital strategies to writing creative briefs and concepting social posts. You are a collaborative team member who enthusiastically wears many hats and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work directly with clients to define and distill their goals, create successful strategies, plans and metrics, and communicate those to all supporting teams at EVB.
- Partners with account teams to develop content that effectively targets audiences on suggested social/digital platforms.
- Develop strategic briefs, insights presentations and trend analyses.
- Manage metrics that measure digital program success and optimize programs for full performance.
- Manage content calendars, tagging, site analytics, reporting views/analysis, etc.
- Guide creative team through creative briefs.
- Ensure all deliverables required from the group, internally and externally, are met in a professional, efficient and timely manner.
- Identify opportunities to constantly improve the quality of thinking applied to our clients' businesses by inspiring and facilitating collaboration among client and agency team members.
- Support the senior team in day-to-day strategic output.
- Maintain clear understanding of multiple brand objectives and marketing initiatives, and use knowledge to pinpoint opportunities using social intelligence.
- Serve as digital conversation and social media expert and liaison between clients and EVB teams.
- Create and distribute reports, coordinate reporting schedules of partner agencies and oversee outputs and consolidate findings.
- 5-7 years in related role, agency-side experience is required.
- Solid digital marketing background that includes creating and ideating digital content, analyzing results and developing digital project plans.
- Deep knowledge of category and competitive activity.
- Good Listener: Individual must be a good listener not only in social media marketing technology, but a good listener overall in order to make accurate assessments their clients.
- Communicator: Credible and articulate, with strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Good business acumen and judgment are needed requirements for success in this role.
- Team-Oriented: Individual must be capable of embracing the ideas of others, even if they are conflicting with the individual’s own, for the sake of the company and clients.
- Entrepreneurial: Individual must thrive is a fast-paced, changing environment and be excited by the chance to play a larger role in new and growing business. Individual must possess the ability to be innovative with their role as a Social Listener and able to work with a minimal amount of supervision and be capable of strategically prioritizing multiple tasks in a proactive manner.
- Passionate: Individual must be passionate about ensuring our clients are successful in social media.
The above job description is not intended to be an all‐inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
EVB is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions identified above.
Veterans encouraged to apply.