Account Management | Oakland, CA | Full Time
Hello, we’re EVB. We use creativity and our grasp of culture to make brands meaningful, profitable and famous.
Here’s the truth: If a brand ignores culture, culture will ignore the brand. As a full-service agency, we partner with brands to help solve their business challenges by boosting their cultural relevancy. We do this with a signature approach that blends emerging technology, behavioral insights, digital trends and a core understanding of the digital native.
Our job goes beyond the typical shout tactics of advertising. We develop press-worthy ideas, meaningful platforms, useful utilities and entertaining social currency that connect on an authentic and intimate level, resulting in natural participation, co-creation, sharing and good ol’ fashioned brand love.
We don’t help brands join the conversation. We help brands be the conversation.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Managing from start to finish the day-to-day aspects of the Client business with respect to:
- Working to build client trust through clear communication, a positive attitude, and proactively understanding clients needs
- Actively managing digital and social production, production budgets, and schedules
- Effectively and efficiently communicating with the internal team including your fellow account members, as well as the strategy, creative and production teams. Actively participate in creative briefings. Keeps Supervisors in the loop
- Managing the recaps and follow-ups on all projects, no matter the size, to ensure all team members and clients continue to move forward in a timely and organized way
- Exude a passion about the industry and continually working to stay on top of trends; form thoughtful POV’s for team and client distribution; show steps to understand the client’s business landscape
- When applicable, help to develop and mentor the growth of Associate or Assistant Account Manager
In the years you have been working in the industry, you've definitely been exposed to the day-to-day running of an account. You are ready and excited to elevate your contributions both on the Clients business and well as within internal teams.
Managing competitive reviews comes easily for you and being able to identify what is insightful about the category is critical. Production of projects is beginning to be more and more familiar and comfortable and you should have an appetite to take on more.
You should be a valued team member across all departments. Helping to manage timelines, budgets and status reports/calls is seen as a big part of the responsibilities at this level keeping everyone (including the client) abreast of all relevant updates.
CURRENT BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Company-paid short-and long-term disability coverage, employee basic life insurance and AD&D benefits
- 401k plan
- Flexible Time Off (FTO) policy
- 10 paid company holidays each year
- Commuter benefits of $50.00 a month towards your commute to work
- Gymbursement of $40/month for your gym membership
We love dogs and on any given day have at least 3 - 4 in the office. We frequently have bagels and/or donuts to nibble on as well as cereal, granola bars, chocolate etc. The fridge is always stocked with beer, red bull and sparkling water daily. We also love to play ping pong and pool and we welcome good DJ skills on the office Sonos system.
The above job description is not intended to be an all‐inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
EVB is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations can be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions identified above.
Veterans encouraged to apply.