Research Scientist I, Protein Biosciences
Protein Biosciences | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Eureka Therapeutics is a privately-held biotechnology company focused on developing novel T cell-based immunotherapies for hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Our unique platform is aimed at developing safe and effective genetically engineered T cells against surface cancer antigens as well as TCR-mimic antibodies, which recognize previously inaccessible cancer antigens specific for solid tumors. We have built a strong pipeline of innovative drugs, with the most advanced candidates in clinical stage. In addition to our internal drug discovery programs, Eureka has ongoing partnerships with several major pharma and academic centers of excellence. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.eurekatherapeutics.com.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Research Scientist I to join our Protein Biosciences group in the Research team. The successful candidate will join the experienced research team in the discovery and development of human therapeutic antibody drugs for innovative cancer immunotherapies.
The Research Scientist I will be responsible for protein/peptide characterization using various analytical methods. He/she will be involved in the planning, analysis and implementation of protein bioscience experiments to advance drug development projects. He/she will develop multidisciplinary knowledge and expertise in translating the latest biomedical discoveries into breakthrough cancer immunotherapies.
- Protein expression in bacterial and mammalian cells
- Protein purification by HPLC or other affinity methods
- Antibody characterization by HPLC, FACS, SPR or other methods for lead candidate selection
- Production of conjugated antibodies or other reagents and relevant documentation
- NGS data analysis
- Protein structure prediction/modeling
- Collaborates closely with team members and functional groups across the company
- Reports data and progress to research leadership, internal teams and external collaborators
- Other duties as assigned
- PhD in analytical biochemistry, structural biology, proteomics or other biology related area.
- Hands-on experience with protein purification and mammalian cell culture.
- Solid knowledge and experience with statistics.
- Hands-on skills in protein/peptide characterization using HPLC, FACS, SPR, etc.
- Expertise in protein structural biology.
- Experience with protein structure related software (e.g. Rosseta, PyMol, Chimera, CryoSPARC).
- Experience with antibody engineering and characterization is a plus.
- Experience with NGS analysis is a plus.
- Skills in R and/or Python are desirable.
- Proven track record of success in scientific creativity and independent thinking.
For the best fit, the candidate should be a fast learner who is detail-oriented and results-driven with outstanding organizational skills, and a team player with strong interpersonal and communications skills and capable of working collaboratively with colleagues. The candidate should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities and willing to take additional responsibilities outside of initial job description.
Please submit your resume or CV and cover letter to Jobscore. All submissions will be evaluated, and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
Eureka Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, marital status, veteran status, medical conditions, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any employees at Eureka Therapeutics, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Eureka Therapeutics is not liable for and will not pay agency fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Eureka Therapeutics and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.