Research Scientist I, Immuno-Oncology
Immuno-Oncology | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Eureka Therapeutics is a privately-held biotechnology company focused on developing novel T cell-based immunotherapies for hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Our unique platform is aimed at developing safe and effective genetically engineered T cells against surface cancer antigens as well as TCR-mimic antibodies, which recognize previously inaccessible cancer antigens specific for solid tumors. We have built a strong pipeline of innovative drugs, with the most advanced candidates in clinical stage. In addition to our internal drug discovery programs, Eureka has ongoing partnerships with several major pharma and academic centers of excellence. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.eurekatherapeutics.com.
We are hiring an enthusiastic Research Scientist I to join our Immuno-Oncology team. The successful candidate will join an experienced research team in the discovery and development of therapeutic antibodies for innovative cancer immunotherapies. The candidate will be responsible for hands-on laboratory work, participating in pipeline development through working across functional groups within Eureka. He/she will develop multidisciplinary knowledge and expertise in translating the latest biomedical discoveries into breakthrough cancer immunotherapies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to Eureka’s pipeline development from lead identification, characterization, optimization to pre-clinical studies.
- Independently design and execute in vitro cellular immunology assays and contribute to in vivo proof-of-concept experiments for lead candidates.
- Drive novel method and assay development as needed for pipeline development.
- Stay abreast of current scientific and technology advancements in the field and contribute to T cell therapy platform innovation at Eureka.
- Effectively communicate and provide progress updates at various forums, including internal team discussions, company-wide presentations, and external collaborations.
- Diligently generate notebooks, protocols and other documents and support patent filing activities.
- Other duties as assigned
- PhD in immunology, oncology, cell biology or a closely related field with 0 - 2 years of post-doctoral and/or pharmaceutical research experience.
- Solid understanding of T cell biology and oncology
- Extensive experience with flow cytometry is highly desirable
- Demonstrated scientific creativity, independent thinking and the ability to evaluate and resolve complex problems.
- Highly motivated with a can-do attitude.
For the best fit, the candidate should be a fast learner who is detail-oriented and results-driven with outstanding organizational skills, and a team player with strong interpersonal and communications skills and capable of working collaboratively with colleagues. The candidate should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities and willing to take additional responsibilities outside of initial job description.
Please submit your resume or CV and cover letter to Jobscore. All submissions will be evaluated, and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
Eureka Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, marital status, veteran status, medical conditions, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any employees at Eureka Therapeutics, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Eureka Therapeutics is not liable for and will not pay agency fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Eureka Therapeutics and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.