Research Scientist I/II, Protein Biosciences
Research and Development | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Eureka Therapeutics is a privately-held biotechnology company focused on developing novel T cell-based immunotherapies for hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Our unique platform is aimed at developing safe and effective genetically engineered T cells against surface cancer antigens as well as TCR-mimic antibodies, which recognize previously inaccessible cancer antigens specific for solid tumors. We have built strong pipelines of innovative drugs, with the most advanced candidates in clinical stage. In addition to our internal drug discovery programs, Eureka has ongoing partnerships with several major pharma and academic centers of excellence. For more information about Eureka Therapeutics, please visit: www.eurekatherapeutics.com.
The Research Scientist I/II, Protein Biosciences, will join an experienced research team in the discovery and development of human therapeutic antibody drugs for innovative cancer immunotherapies. The candidate will be involved in the planning, implementation, and analysis of experimental designs to advance drug development projects. He/she is expected to perform hands-on bench work including, but not limited to, target identification and bioassay development. It will also involve analytical skills, such as FPLC, HPLC/UHPLC, SEC, LC-MS, affinity purification, gel filtration, SPR, FACS, ELISA, Elispot, etc. He/she will develop multidisciplinary knowledge and expertise in translating the latest biomedical discoveries into breakthrough cancer immunotherapies. He/she will also perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experiences working with Mass Spectrometry, strong computational skills combined with practical and technical experience in oncology. He/she must have a strong work ethic and is a motivated team player with a can-do attitude.
- Ph.D. in analytical chemistry, biochemistry or related field with postdoc experiences or industrial experiences. Previous experiences with immunopeptidomics or other peptidomics are preferred.
- Hands-on experience with LC-MS, PRM/SRM, DDA and DIA.
- Solid knowledge and past working experiences in statistics, proteomics bioinformatics software, and mass spectrometry database search algorithms.
- Coding skills in R and/or Python are desirable.
- Proven track record of success in scientific creativity and independent thinking, including a strong publication/patent-filing record.
- Excellent communication skills, including written reports/scientific publications, and presentations to senior management team and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
All submissions will be evaluated, and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
Eureka Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, marital status, veteran status, medical conditions, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any employees at Eureka Therapeutics, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Eureka Therapeutics is not liable for and will not pay agency fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Eureka Therapeutics and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.