Research Scientist I/II, Immuno-Oncology
Research and Development | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Eureka Therapeutics is a privately-held biotechnology company focused on developing novel T cell-based immunotherapies for hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Our unique platform is aimed at developing safe and effective genetically engineered T cells against surface cancer antigens as well as TCR-mimic antibodies, which recognize previously inaccessible cancer antigens specific for solid tumors. We have built strong pipelines of innovative drugs, with the most advanced candidates in clinical stage. In addition to our internal drug discovery programs, Eureka has ongoing partnerships with several major pharma and academic centers of excellence. For more information about Eureka Therapeutics, please visit: www.eurekatherapeutics.com.
The Research Scientist I/II, Immuno-Oncology will join an experienced research team in the discovery and development of human therapeutic antibody drugs for innovative cancer immunotherapies. The candidate will be involved in the planning, implementation, and analysis of experimental designs to advance drug development projects. He/she is expected to perform hands-on bench work including, but not limited to, mammalian cell culture, virus transduction and production, phenotypic characterization of human T cells, T cell activation/cytotoxic killing assay, FACS, immunofluorescence, ELISA, ELISPOT, cytokine and chemokine detection, animal study design and analysis. He/she will develop multidisciplinary knowledge and expertise in translating the latest biomedical discoveries into breakthrough cancer immunotherapies. He/she will also perform other duties as assigned.
While this position is primarily based in our headquarters in Emeryville, CA, regular travel to our offices in China as well as regular interactions with our local team there will be required.
- Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Oncology, Immunology, or related field with postdoctoral or industrial experiences. Previous experience in antibody drug discovery or immunological assay development or extensive animal models is preferred.
- Proven track record of success in scientific creativity and independent thinking, including a strong publication/patentfiling record.
- Excellent communication skills, including written reports/scientific publications, and presentations to senior management team and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Fluency in written and verbal Mandarin strongly preferred.
- Up to 20% of travel anticipated, primarily to China.
All submissions will be evaluated, and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
Eureka Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, marital status, veteran status, medical conditions, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law.