Research Scientist I, Early Discovery
Early Discovery | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Eureka Therapeutics is a privately-held biotechnology company focused on developing novel T cell-based immunotherapies for hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Our unique platform is aimed at developing safe and effective genetically engineered T cells against surface cancer antigens as well as TCR-mimic antibodies, which recognize previously inaccessible cancer antigens specific for solid tumors. We have built a strong pipeline of innovative drugs, with the most advanced candidates in clinical stage. In addition to our internal drug discovery programs, Eureka has ongoing partnerships with several major pharma and academic centers of excellence. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.eurekatherapeutics.com.
The Research Scientist I, Early Discovery will work as part of the Early Discovery group in the Research team. The successful candidate will join an experienced in-house team in the discovery and development of human therapeutic antibody drugs for innovative cancer immunotherapies. He/she will be responsible for the design and execution of experiments using a broad repertoire of molecular biology, immunology and cell biology techniques to advance drug development projects.
Responsibilities include antibody screening technology development, phage panning and screening and identification and characterization of antibody lead candidates. He/she will develop multidisciplinary knowledge and expertise in translating the latest biomedical discoveries into breakthrough cancer immunotherapies.
- Designs, plans and executes experiments for antibody discovery against tumor targets including library construction, phage panning and screening and new screening technology development
- Designs, plans and executes in vitro assays for antibody candidate characterization and selection
- Performs downstream assays such as flow cytometry, ELISA, cytotoxic killing assay, cytokine and chemokine detection
- Optimizes and develops new assays
- Carries out primary T cell activation, transduction and expansion
- Collaborates closely with team members and functional groups across the company
- Presents data and progress reports to research leadership, internal teams and external collaborators
- Other duties as assigned
- PhD in Biological Sciences or related scientific discipline
- Experience in antibody drug discovery or immunological assay development is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience with molecular biology, cell biology or immunology techniques
- Demonstrates scientific creativity with a strong publication/patent-filing record
- Proficiency with relevant software such as Microsoft Office, GraphPad Prism, and FlowJo
- Ability to analyze NGS data is a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills
For the best fit, the candidate should be a fast learner who is detail-oriented and results-driven with outstanding organizational skills, and a team player with strong interpersonal and communications skills and capable of working collaboratively with colleagues. The candidate should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities and willing to take additional responsibilities outside of initial job description.
Please submit your resume or CV and cover letter to Jobscore. All submissions will be evaluated, and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
Eureka Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, marital status, veteran status, medical conditions, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any employees at Eureka Therapeutics, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Eureka Therapeutics is not liable for and will not pay agency fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Eureka Therapeutics and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.