Research Associate II/III, Immuno-Oncology
Immuno-Oncology | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Eureka Therapeutics is a privately-held biotechnology company focused on developing novel T cell-based immunotherapies for hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Our unique platform is aimed at developing safe and effective genetically engineered T cells against surface cancer antigens as well as TCR-mimic antibodies, which recognize previously inaccessible cancer antigens specific for solid tumors. We have built a strong pipeline of innovative drugs, with the most advanced candidates in clinical stage. In addition to our internal drug discovery programs, Eureka has ongoing partnerships with several major pharma and academic centers of excellence. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.eurekatherapeutics.com.
We are hiring an enthusiastic Research Associate II/III for our Immuno-Oncology team. The successful candidate will join an experienced research team in the discovery and development of therapeutic antibodies for innovative cancer immunotherapies. The candidate will be responsible for significant hands-on laboratory bench work and provide support for pipeline development programs at Eureka.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Isolation, expansion, phenotypical characterization, and functional assays of primary human T cells.
- Mammalian cell culture and genetic modification (e.g. transient transfection, constitutive overexpression or CRISPR-mediated knockout) of cell lines and primary cells.
- Lentivirus production, titration, and QC.
- Ensure day-to-day operations of the lab including inventory management and equipment maintenance.
- Maintain virus and cell banks and documentation.
- Works collaboratively with scientists and other associates on timely completion of projects and tasks.
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. or M.S. in Biological Sciences or related scientific discipline. Preference will be given to applicants with hands-on experience in cell biology techniques.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Solid working knowledge and experience with cell biology and bioanalytical equipment is required
- Proficiency with multi-color flow cytometry and data analysis using FlowJo is desirable
- Detailed-oriented and ability to perform routine work independently.
- Ability to multitask.
For the best fit, the candidate should be a fast learner who is detail-oriented and results-driven with outstanding organizational skills, and a team player with strong interpersonal and communications skills and capable of working collaboratively with colleagues. The candidate should be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities and willing to take additional responsibilities outside of initial job description.
Please submit your resume or CV and cover letter to Jobscore. All submissions will be evaluated, and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
Eureka Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, marital status, veteran status, medical conditions, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any employees at Eureka Therapeutics, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Eureka Therapeutics is not liable for and will not pay agency fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Eureka Therapeutics and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.