Finance | Emeryville, CA | Part Time
Eureka Therapeutics is a privately-held biotechnology company focused on developing novel T cell-based immunotherapies for hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Our unique platform is aimed at developing safe and effective genetically engineered T cells against surface cancer antigens as well as TCR-mimic antibodies, which recognize previously inaccessible cancer antigens specific for solid tumors. We have built a strong pipeline of innovative drugs, with the most advanced candidates in clinical stage. In addition to our internal drug discovery programs, Eureka has ongoing partnerships with several major pharma and academic centers of excellence. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.eurekatherapeutics.com.
The part-time GL/AP Accountant (20 hours/week) will work as part of a growing Finance team in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will provide support to the full cycle accounts payable process, month-end close and other accounting functions such as general ledger entries.
- Performs full cycle accounts payable functions by coding, vouchering, reviewing and processing vendor invoices while ensuring compliance with AP internal control, policies and procedures
- Answers inquiries from vendors and employees and resolves outstanding issues
- Performs GL coding of all credit card transactions and uploads them into NetSuite
- Prepares month-end accruals and the associated journal entries
- Sets up new vendors and updates W-9 and W8-BEN
- Maintains accounts payable related files and records
- Assists with annual financial audit by external auditors
- Assists with quarterly clinical accrual process including account accrual, reconciliation and reclass
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Accounting & Finance or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in Accounts Payable or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Accrual Basis Accounting, Sales & Use Tax rules and 1099 rules
- Good understanding of GAAP, with the ability to research issues
- Strong general accounting and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced and multi-entity environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Strong organization skills with an attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Experience with NetSuite and Accrualify P2P Automation Software preferred
- Experience in life science/biotech company a plus
Please submit your resume or CV and cover letter to Jobscore. All submissions will be evaluated, and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
Eureka Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, marital status, veteran status, medical conditions, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any employees at Eureka Therapeutics, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Eureka Therapeutics is not liable for and will not pay agency fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Eureka Therapeutics and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.