Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist
Finance | Emeryville, CA | Full Time
Eureka Therapeutics is a privately-held biotechnology company focused on developing novel T cell-based immunotherapies for hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Our unique platform is aimed at developing safe and effective genetically engineered T cells against surface cancer antigens as well as TCR-mimic antibodies, which recognize previously inaccessible cancer antigens specific for solid tumors. We have built strong pipelines of innovative drugs, with the most advanced candidates in clinical stage. In addition to our internal drug discovery programs, Eureka has ongoing partnerships with several major pharma and academic centers of excellence. For more information about Eureka Therapeutics, please visit: www.eurekatherapeutics.com.
The Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist will work as part of the Finance team, reporting directly to the Vice President of Finance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform full cycle accounts payable functions by coding, vouchering, reviewing, and processing all types of vendor invoices while ensuring compliance with AP internal control, policies and procedures
- Process vendor check run and future ACH weekly to ensure timely and accurate payments of approved invoices and expense reports
- Perform GL coding of all credit card transactions and upload them into NetSuite
- Review employee expense reports
- Answer inquiries from vendors and employees and resolve outstanding issues
- Transfer A/P sub-ledger to general ledger daily and review reports for accuracy
- Reconcile A/P sub-ledger to general ledger monthly and make any required journal entries
- Process month-end close of Accounts Payable sub-ledger and generate and verify the monthly report
- Prepare monthend accruals and the associated journal entries
- Prepare and generate 1099s in compliance with IRS regulations and ensure that all data reported on the 1099 forms are accurate and complete
- Setup new vendors and update W-9 and W8-BEN
- Make copies and scanning of pertinent invoices
- Maintain accounts payable related files and records
- Assist with annual financial audit by external auditors
- Assist with annual preparation of tax package
- Assist with special Accounting/Finance projects as needed
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Accounting & Finance, or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience as an AP accountant or equivalent
- Understanding of GAAP, ability to research issues
- Strong general accounting and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced and multi-entity environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Strong organization skills with an attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Experience with NetSuite is preferred.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume or CV and cover letter via JobScore at www.jobscore.com/careers/eurekatherapeutics. All submissions will be evaluated, and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
Eureka Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, ancestry, national origin, marital status, veteran status, medical conditions, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law.
No phone calls please and no agencies or recruiters.