Special Projects Intern
Special Projects | San Francisco, CA | Internship
Special Projects Intern
ETW Advisors is a unique advisory firm operating out of the San Francisco Bay Area. We work with founders of all shapes and sizes. From solo founders with an idea to mature teams managing vast growing business.
The Special Projects Intern will work directly with the entire team at ETW Advisors, and in particular founder Jonathan Lowenhar. Over his 20 year career Jonathan successfully built a $1B business segment for a large public company, guided the turnaround of a distressed $100M+ revenue business, launched and sold a venture-backed startup and led the rise of one of the world's fastest growing B2B SaaS businesses.
ETW’s mission is to teach entrepreneurs how to be great founders. We teach best startup practices across a range of critical skills from fundraising to product strategy to talent development. We educate our founders through three primary channels:
-- weekly live engagements with our founders
-- curation of unique entrepreneurship events from salon-style dinners to large founder gatherings
-- original educational content including newsletters, videos and how-to guides
Today we feature more than 25 companies in our portfolio across a half dozen countries around the world. The youngest of our companies are pre-funded and brand new while the most mature have hundreds of employees and are generating millions in revenue.
ETW Advisors is growing rapidly and will finish it’s 2nd year in a row with 50%+ growth. To expand our reach, more advisors are needed. To ramp a higher number of advisors, better internal processes and training is required.
ETW Advisors is currently seeking a highly‐skilled and purposeful team member to serve 5-10 hours per week for a minimum of 3 months. The goal of the role is simple - translate our considerable content and frameworks into a repeatable program so we can quickly prepare a newly hired advisor for success.
● Familiarize yourself with ETW’s existing content and tools and recommend a strategy for how best to onboard a newly hired advisor
● Research and recommend collaboration or content management tool(s) to share material and track progress
● Shadow existing advisors to understand engagement model and how various tools and frameworks are used in the field
● Identify content gaps where new material must be developed/drafted by existing ETW staff
● Create an advisor 90 day onboarding plan, complete with timeline and success metrics
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALITIES
The Special Projects Intern should possess:
● Demonstrable background and/or interest in working with startups; this is more than a hobby for you; you envision a career in entrepreneurship and you see this as an opportunity to accelerate your learning.
● Impeccable writing skills - no shorthand or poor grammar. ETW’s brand is one of professionalism (with a twinge of irreverence and humor).
● Resourcefulness and willingness to self‐start; someone who can take a goal and quickly form an action plan. Successful startup founders have a bias towards action despite incomplete data and deeply understand the cost of inaction. At ETW, we operate similarly.
● Positive attitude and team player. We work hard. We laugh a lot. We look for opportunities to serve, contribute and make an impact for others.
● Eagerness to learn and grow. We know a lot. We also know there is endless more we might learn. We do our best to stay humble, curious and excited to expand ourselves. We expect you to do the same.
Located? Candidate must be located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Periodically, you will be asked to come to San Francisco for in-person meetings either at ETW Advisors’ offices (located in the Dogpatch neighborhood) or at one of our various portfolio company offices.
Compensation: $15/hr; hours variable depending on your availability but we anticipate 10~ hours per week.
ETW Advisors is a California Corporation and is an equal opportunity employer.