Content Marketing Intern
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Internship
Content Marketing Intern
ETW Advisors is a unique advisory firm operating out of the San Francisco Bay Area. We work with founders of all shapes and sizes. From solo founders with an idea to mature teams managing vast growing business.
The social media and content intern will work directly with ETW founder and president Jonathan Lowenhar. Over his 20 year career Jonathan successfully built a $1B business segment for a large public company, guided the turnaround of a distressed $100M+ revenue business, launched and sold a venture-backed startup and led the rise of one of the world's fastest growing B2B SaaS businesses.
ETW’s mission is to serve founders and we are fortunate to call some of the country’s best young start-ups as clients. You will have the chance to collaborate and learn from all of them. Here are a few examples from the ETW family:
Bloom Technologies - an innovative wearable helping moms to have healthier pregnancies
True Anthem - the engine that distributes content for the world’s biggest publishers from Hearst to Esquire
Dash Robotics - Creating connected toys that children can build, program and play
10x Management - An agency representing the world’s best freelance technology talent
Tipalti - The first fully automated way for global businesses to make payments
ETW Advisors currently is seeking a highly‐skilled and purposeful team member to serve 10 hours per week as our Content Marketing Intern. The winning candidate is a hustler and lover of social media and content, who is excited to jump deep into start-up entrepreneurship.
The Content Marketing Intern will take charge of managing and elevating ETW’s online presence. This includes:
● Own the company’s LinkedIn, Quora and Twitter presence; establish pages, cultivate lists, etc.
● Manage the company newsletter; curate articles, solicit/collect articles, and distribute
● Write and post effective and engaging content across all of ETW online touchpoints (LinkedIn, Quora, Twitter, Medium)
● Create a clear Social Media calendar to ensure a regular cadence of community outreach (FB, Twitter, Medium and IG/Tumblr)
● Set-up automated processes for tracking (and distributing) important news across ETW’s portfolio companies
● Leverage apps to track progress on all social media platforms
DESIRED SKILLS & QUALITIES
The Social Media Intern should possess:
● Demonstrable experience in effective use of social media for community engagement
● Impeccable writing skills - no shorthand or poor grammar; ETW’s brand is one of professionalism (with a twinge of irreverence and humor)
● Resourcefulness and willingness to self‐start on social media posts and projects
● Positive attitude and clear communication skills are absolute requirements
● Eagerness to learn and grow; ability to receive and incorporate feedback
● Background and/or interest in working with start-ups is a must
This is a paid internship but for the aspiring entrepreneur, the non-monetary benefits likely are more important. The candidate with available time, a tendency towards taking action, solid social media skills, great attention to detail and a desire to learn, this is is a unique opportunity be immersed in the best of start-up culture.
Only San Francisco Bay Area residents will be considered and you will be expected to attend meetings in person at least once per week in person. ETW is a California Corporation and is an equal opportunity employer. However, you better be smart and funny if you want to work with us. :)
To apply, please provide a brief cover letter sharing why you want this role and at least one writing sample (blog/article) you’ve written within the last 3 months. Candidates who don’t provide a cover letter and a writing sample will not be considered.