Summer Intern 2021
Manufacturing | Newark, CA | Full Time and Internship
ETM Electromatic is seeking a Summer Intern for summer 2021 to work in our Newark, CA office. This is a full-time paid internship for approximately three months, reporting directly to the Vice President of Engineering and Program Management.
- Create and organize a database to catalog test equipment, fixtures, cables and miscellaneous parts and identify storage locations
- Physically put away test equipment, test fixtures, cables and miscellaneous parts in designated areas – must be able to lift 5-15 pounds regularly
- List equipment for sale on E-Bay and manage those transactions
- Other tasks to be determined
Requirements and Skills:
- Basic to intermediate computer skills, including comfort with Microsoft Excel
- Detail-oriented and comfortable with independent time management
- Able to repeatedly lift 5-15 pounds
- Extra consideration given to candidates with some engineering background (e.g. a year of undergraduate or community college in an engineering field)
- Previous E-Bay experience a plus
ETM is a high power electronics ODM that designs, sells and services power subsystems worldwide in the defense, aerospace, and medical markets. Current product applications are in satellite communications, radar, and test and measurement. Near term growth opportunities for ETM include power systems for linear accelerators.
We are an established, profitable, $35 million, 100-employee, privately held business. We offer a great work environment – characterized by minimal bureaucracy and low politics. ETM’s culture is centered on meeting our clients’ needs, designing common sense solutions, and operating with honesty, integrity, and respect for others.
ETM fosters a culture of openness, respect and continuous learning. We strive to provide our employees with the opportunity to lead a balanced life. We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S.
For more information please visit our website at www.etm-inc.com.