Project Engineer - Electrical Engineer
Engineering | Newark, CA | Full Time
Project Engineer – Electrical Engineer
As a Project Engineer you will participate in the modification and support of switch mode power supplies, power inverters, high voltage/high power/high frequency switches and various analog circuits for leading edge RF technologies. You will perform detailed circuit and system design, analysis, and hardware development, including detailed product design and prototype fabrication leading to production.
- Modify and redesign existing hardware to meet customer requirements
- Document and present design analysis at design reviews
- Support detailed engineering design from lower-level assemblies through system level fabrication drawings
- Establish test requirements and write detailed test procedures
- Support production start-up and resolve technical issues with failure cause and corrective action analysis
- BSEE (Power electronics and RF engineering coursework is desirable)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- All applicants must be either U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
ETM is a high power electronics ODM that designs, sells and services power subsystems worldwide in the defense, aerospace, and medical markets. Our major clients include system integrators such as Northrop Grumman, L-3 Communications, EADS-Astrium, Harris Corporation, and our OEM partner Amplifier Research. Current product applications are in satellite communications, radar, and test and measurement. Near term growth opportunities for ETM include power systems for linear accelerators.
We are an established, profitable, $35 million, 100-employee, privately held business. We offer a great work environment – characterized by minimal bureaucracy and low politics. ETM’s culture is centered around meeting our clients’ needs, designing common sense solutions, and operating with honesty, integrity, and respect for others.
ETM fosters a culture of openness, respect and continuous learning. We strive to provide our employees with the opportunity to lead a balanced life. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and we're located just east of the Dumbarton Bridge, an easy commute from the East Bay and a reverse commute from the Peninsula.
We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Pre-employment testing may be required.