Program Support Specialist
Engineering | Newark, CA | Full Time
Program Support Specialist
ETM Electromatic is hiring a Program Support Specialist to assist the VP of Engineering and Program Managers with their project work. This position will give you the opportunity to immerse yourself in the process of project management, taking on a variety of tasks from project initiation through maintenance and completion. (See below for specifics.) A successful Program Support Specialist will be extremely organized and detail oriented, eager to work with multiple teams and with multiple simultaneous projects, and passionate about continual improvement of both their own skills and of ETM’s project management process. This position offers you the opportunity to move into Project Management at a company that searches for and values people who want to grow with a company long-term.
- Support Project Management and Engineering by:
- Creating and maintaining schedules and program documents such as risk assessments, monthly customer reports and document packages for customer review meetings
- Completion of final reports based on test data, and by supporting the creation of document packages and other program deliverables
- Creating routers and checklists for product travelers (bluebooks)
- Working on non-conformance and problem reports
- Working with Supply Chain and key suppliers to keep programs updated and mitigate the effect of materials shortages
- Support the shipping and repair process by ensuring that problem documentation is completed for units being returned to our facility and for units shipping from our facility
- Being aware of opportunities for improvement in all processes, and being willing and eager to ask questions and to state supported opinions
Requirements and Skills
- At least 1-2 years of managing projects or people (can be from previous employment, or volunteer work, hobbies, college project teams etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and spoken English
- Must be HIGHLY organized , self-directed and thorough
- Able to express yourself clearly and comfortably with a variety of personalities, holding them accountable for commitments and dealing effectively with potential differences of opinion
- We will consider both work experience and education.
- Education should be a degree with a technical focus, such as a trade school degree to an AA in Electronics to a BS in Engineering.
- Experience: At least 2-3 years working at a business that does BOTH design AND manufacture of those designs
Our Employees Enjoy
- 401(k)/Profit sharing
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Package
- Disability and Life Insurance Package
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
ETM is a high power electronics company that designs, manufactures and services power subsystems worldwide in the defense, security, and medical markets. We are an established, profitable, $35 million, 100-employee, privately held business. We offer a great work environment – characterized by minimal bureaucracy and low politics. ETM’s culture is centered on meeting our clients’ needs, designing common sense solutions, and operating with honesty, integrity, and respect for others.
ETM fosters a culture of openness, respect and continuous learning. We strive to provide our employees with the opportunity to lead a balanced life. We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S.
For more information about our company, please visit ETM’s website at www.etm-inc.com