Manufacturing | Newark, CA | Full Time
ETM Electromatic is seeking an individual to join our production team as an electro-mechanical assembler. You will be building high power amplifiers and their components using appropriate work instructions.
- Assemble electronic components, multiple-wire harnesses, sub-assemblies, large and heavy chassis and systems
- Follow work instructions, including production drawings, photos, notes and verbal directions
- Solder and touch-up components
- Work with a team of assemblers and technicians
- Identify and initiate continuous improvement
- Able to work with engineers to make changes when required.
- Ability to manage a complex schedule and handle multiple commitments
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions including wiring diagrams
- Comfort with using hand and power tools
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Basic computer skills – email, internet parts search, ability to learn to use various database programs
- Attention to detail
- Good command of the English language, both written and verbal
- 2-3 years’ experience with assembly work, soldering and following work diagrams and instructions
- Plumbing experience
- Mechanical design experience
- Soldering -- propane torch
- Ability to operate a forklift and manual forklift (Genie Lift or equivalent)
Our Electro-Mechanical Assemblers Enjoy:
- Competitive Pay
- 401(k)/Profit sharing
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Package
- Disability and Life Insurance Package
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
ETM is a high power electronics ODM that designs, sells and services power subsystems worldwide in the defense, aerospace, and medical markets. Our major clients include system integrators such as Northrop Grumman, L-3 Communications, EADS-Astrium, Harris Corporation, Comtech Systems and our OEM partner Amplifier Research. Current product applications are in satellite communications, radar, and test and measurement. Near term growth opportunities for ETM include high power inverters and power systems for linear accelerators.
We are an established, profitable, $35 million, 95-employee, privately held business. We offer a great work environment – characterized by minimal bureaucracy and low politics. ETM’s culture is centered on meeting our clients’ needs, designing common sense solutions, and operating with honesty, integrity, and respect for others.
ETM fosters a culture of openness, respect and continuous learning. We strive to provide our employees with the opportunity to lead a balanced life. We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S.