VP of Operations
Operations | Austin, TX | Full Time
Eterneva is a fast-growing start-up with a huge vision to disrupt the funeral industry. As our VP of Operations, you will get to have a massive direct influence on our exciting trajectory!
You're both a global and linear thinker, with an excellent ability to zoom out and see the big picture, then zoom in and ensure not a single detail is overlooked. You have a track record for building efficient, scalable, and precise systems and pride yourself on your incredible planning skills over short, medium, and long-term horizons.
The buck will stop with you to ensure Eterneva successfully scales a complex supply chain, has supplier redundancy, ample capacity, and world-class in-house manufacturing operations and quality management systems.
You're ready for a fast-paced and work hard environment with a high bar for operational excellence - because we're working with the love of someone's life and providing the best experience they've ever had with a company!
1. Take our required hiring survey: https://www.cindexinc.com/users/ciims/processes/surveyInfo.php?USER_ID=52035&COMPANY_CODE=SuMaAdnw73&h2=1562016740
2. Show us you're serious in your cover letter! Let us know what about this role excites you, and why you're uniquely qualified to do great work!
Eterneva is a celebration of life company, that honors the lives of remarkable people and pets by turning their ashes into real diamonds.
The diamond is an extraordinarily special way to memorialize a loved one because it’s a bright, it’s personal and it’s forever.
The eight-month journey to create the diamond is just as special. We send monthly pictures, videos, updates so as to give our customers something to look forward to during a tough time, and as a result, many say we change their relationship to grief.
It’s extraordinarily meaningful work, and we make raving fans out of every customer we serve. They’ll fly across the country to visit us and send us handwritten letters to thank us for some much-needed brightness, and for impacting their life.
It’s our belief that remarkable people shouldn’t be forgotten, and it’s about time we brought meaning and celebration to the end of life, instead of putting it in a box.
We’re garnering a ton of attention for our fresh approach - we made both Inc & Forbes 30 Under 30 list and the cover of Inc Magazine. We’ve been featured on Yahoo Finance, Viceland’s 2 Chainz Most Expensivist, On the Money, and most recently were featured on Shark Tank and received investment from Mark Cuban.
Eterneva is located in South Austin near the intersection of i35 and 290.
- Make it Count - On & Off the Field we show up every day with energy, enthusiasm, eager to do our best work. We also act with intention and invest in ourselves and our close relationships outside of work.
- How Can I Be Better? we have growth mindsets, high standards, and are always wanting to improve. We enjoy learning new things and practice extreme ownership over our mistakes.
- Do As You Say we follow through on what we commit to and are dependable and accountable.
- Get Their Back we develop strong relationships across the team, we support each other, and we know if the team fails, everyone fails.
- Be the Change we're passionate about our mission and don't accept the status quo. We're a source of brightness to our customers and always thinking about how we could add more value and create raving fans.
Report to the CEO
Your chief responsibility is to scale a complex supply chain to meet fast-growing demand
- It's your prerogative to mitigate any risk throughout the supply chain and ensure it's reliable and scalable
You'll own capacity forecasting and planning for internal and external manufacturing and will ensure we have sufficient capacity for the short, medium, and long term
You'll manage the end-to-end project of building out our next Austin based diamond manufacturing facility - from land purchase, to facility layout, to getting all machines online and operational
- You'll collaborate closely with finance to determine the rate at which to bring machines in-house and most strategic method of financing the machines
- You'll negotiate contracts terms with new and existing suppliers
- You'll source new suppliers across the supply chain to ensure we have supplier redundancy at all important stages
- You'll oversee our quality management system to ensure we practice absolute precision at every step of our operational process
- You'll make sure the customer experience and brand standards are maintained throughout the diamond journey
- You'll own the gross margin target and will look for ways to expand gross margins & reduce COGS
- You'll oversee the Operations P&L
- You'll lead, manage and hold team members accountable to their annual plan, metrics, and quarterly initiatives
You come from a supply chain and manufacturing background
You've built quality management systems before
- You're driven, accountable, and have strong follow-through
- You're a good leader of people, set a high bar for team performance, and hold people accountable to results
- You're a long-range planner and can think on top of systems to identify new opportunities for supply chain control, stability, & profitability
- You can juggle competing initiatives while still tending to details and timelines
You enjoy understanding the technical aspects of a product or process
- Plus if you have experience standing up a new manufacturing facility
Plus if you have a background in lab-grown diamond manufacturing, semiconductors, or consumer electronics
7+ years of experience
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Competitive salary + variable performance
100% employer paid medical benefits
Unlimited vacation policy