Growth | Remote | Full Time | From $150,000.00 to $250,000.00 per year
Who we are:
Eterneva celebrates the lives of remarkable people and pets by making diamonds from ashes. Our mission is to bring brightness and meaning to loss, and culturally destigmatize and normalize death. Eterneva is built on the belief that when a loved one is lost we should not have to “move on”, we should be able to move forward with them. We are brand-led category creators with aspirations to completely reimagine the antiquated end of life industry.
We closed our $10M Series A last year and are considered one of the top startups to watch in Austin. As we prepare for our next stage of growth, we are seeking a strong VP Growth, with a track record of systematically scaling the growth-engine for early-stage startups.
About this role:
We are seeking a VP, Growth who has led the growth strategy for a high-consideration, hyper-growth, direct-to-consumer organization in a product category or industry that was newly introduced or required a high level of customer education. If an applicant does not have this experience, they would not be a best fit for our team's need today.
The VP of Growth is responsible for developing and executing on Eterneva’s growth strategy. You will be responsible for scaling up our paid acquisition budget and identifying our key channels for growth - constantly experimenting, optimizing, and testing new opportunities to effectively drive demand and nurture interest into intent for what is a completely new product category in the market.
This is a rare opportunity to use your experience growing non-transactional, relationship-based DTC or eComm brands to grow a category-defining product that already has traction with millions in revenue, has a moat, and isn’t a commodity in a crowded market.
The ideal VP of Growth has experience selling highly branded and high consideration products, and managing the process towards consumer conversions. You have experience building exceptional nurture programs, and work in close collaboration with Brand because you know creative is king.
You’re a great fit if you have a player-coach mentality and love getting into the weeds. You are analytical, data-driven, and obsessed with A/B testing and experimentation. You're mission-driven and want to work on something meaningful that positively impacts the lives of others.
Key Responsibilities of this role:
- Build full-funnel customer acquisition, conversion, retention, and referral strategy for Eterneva; Define key geographies, funnel planning, and full-funnel testing framework
- Scale up paid search, paid social, and affiliate spend; test additional online and offline channels (e.g. podcasts, video, TV, radio, print, OOH, etc.); prioritize channels based on rigorous opportunity sizing and projected impact to our business objectives
- Develop and scale a powerful nurture program for pre-qualified leads; implement a thoughtful, automated, and multi-touchpoint lead nurturing strategy
- Collaborate with Brand on the awareness strategy and budget allocation and to capture organic growth via word-of-mouth, referrals, and viral marketing
- Partner with Brand on defining audience segments and creative strategy across channels; provide data and insight to continuously improve creative assets and messaging
- Establish reporting benchmarks, KPIs related to growth, and attribution frameworks (volume, CAC, retention, LTV/payback) and own achievement of weekly and monthly KPIs
- Build out internal growth team and manage external agencies to deliver across channels
- Partner with sales team to closely align and continuously improve conversions from top of the funnel lead generation through to sales closing
- Working closely with Channel team leadership to refine and optimize our B2B2C’s funnel to drive local awareness with regional campaigns and continuously test initiatives to increase conversions through funeral homes
- Experience with high consideration products and high-ticket funnels; Eterneva products range in price from $3k-$50k
- Have scaled revenue from 7-figures onward via paid acquisition while hiring and managing a growth team at a scaling DTC or eCommerce startup
- A lot of experience building and scaling great nurture and onsite conversion programs
- Track record of growing, managing, and leading an internal growth team
- Hands-on, player-coach mentality; a love of rolling up your sleeves and getting in the weeds with your team
- Ability to opportunity size across channels and funnels to stack-rank initiatives and spend to drive the most impact towards our overall business objectives
- Analytical skills with data-driven mindset and bias towards experimentation and action
- Collaborative, cross-functional, and team oriented
- Passionate about our mission to change how people experience grief and celebrate end of life
- Experience implementing lead attribution programs
- Have worked closely with sales team to build out lead generation and sales funnel
- Channel marketing experience, especially with regional B2B2C models and SMB partnerships
- Have worked closely with cross-functional Brand & Sales teams
- Background in finance, e.g. investment bank or management consulting experience
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive salary + variable performance
Meaningful equity options
100% employer paid medical benefits
Unlimited vacation policy