Outside Sales Director
Sales | Austin, TX | Full Time
Eterneva is completely changing how we culturally view death and honoring our loved ones. We’re here to bring a totally different tone to the funeral space, and ensure remarkable people aren’t forgotten! And you, as one of our early hires, will get to have a direct impact on our exciting trajectory.
As our first Channel Sales Manager, you'll be taking the initiative and working hand-in-hand with one of Eterneva's co-founders to design, build and execute our channel sales strategy. We just launched our first partnership last month, so you're getting in on the ground floor and will be an integral part of influencing the trajectory of this sales channel and department.
You love people and are skilled at finding and establishing long-lasting, meaningful partnerships. You have a successful track record and history of increasing revenue from indirect sales channels and can effectively maintain a pipeline. You enjoy coaching and training others to be successful and consider yourself very detail and process-oriented. You're always looking for ways to optimize and make things better/more successful. You're someone who deals well with ambiguity, takes initiative, and shares a strong sense of ownership over outcomes.
Our customers are going through one of the toughest times in their life, so it's our goal to bring brightness to their grief, and give them something positive to look forward to. It's the most rewarding job on the planet because you get to read message after message of how you are changing people's lives and relationship to grief (check out our customer reviews below!)
We are a fast-growing start-up with a huge vision to disrupt the funeral industry, so you're ready for fast-paced and work hard. We're building a tiger-team of exceptional people to take Eterneva to great heights!
1. Take our required hiring survey: https://www.cindexinc.com/users/ciims/processes/surveyInfo.php?USER_ID=52035&COMPANY_CODE=SuMaAdnw73&h2=1562016740
2. Show us you're serious in your cover letter! Let us know what about this role excites you, and why you're uniquely qualified to do great work!
Eterneva is a celebration of life company, that honors the lives of remarkable people and pets by turning their ashes into real diamonds.
The diamond is an extraordinarily special way to memorialize a loved one because it’s a bright, it’s personal and it’s forever.
The eight-month journey to create the diamond is just as special. We send monthly pictures, videos, updates so as to give our customers something to look forward to during a tough time, and as a result, many say we change their relationship to grief.
It’s extraordinarily meaningful work, and we make raving fans out of every customer we serve. They’ll fly across the country to visit us and send us handwritten letters to thank us for some much-needed brightness, and for impacting their life.
It’s our belief that remarkable people shouldn’t be forgotten, and it’s about time we brought meaning and celebration to end of life, instead of putting it in a box.
We’re garnering a ton of attention for how we're changing the conversation around death, dying and grief - we recently made Inc’s 30 Under 30 list and the cover of Inc Magazine. We’ve been featured on Yahoo Finance, Viceland’s 2 Chainz Most Expensivist, On the Money, and are doing diamonds for multiple celebrities.
Report to the co-founder
Take the initiative in helping design and execute Eterneva's long-term channel sales strategy
Identify and call into progressive funeral homes, crematoriums, and other potential partners
Create "raving fans" out of potential channel partners, and develop formalized partnerships to mutually create an amazing celebration of life offering & experience for customers
- Negotiate sound financial agreements which positively serve both Eterneva and our partners
- Build and grow a pipeline of business through channel partnerships, help partners close deals, and coach and develop partners to close business on their own
- Manage channel relationships and constantly look for ways to deepen the partnership, add value to one another, and increase sell-through
- Conduct and continually refine trainings to present the value of Eterneva to partners and to ensure they're able to represent and sell our services as well as we can
- Design incentive programs and sales contests to increase sell-through with customers
- Create and deliver accurate forecasts and strategic plans
*This is not an entry-level position* - 5-10 years experience in strategic channel/partners sales is a must
You are an extremely strong written and verbal communicator with past experience pitching face-to-face
You are able to speak to and present the strategy behind past channel sales successes
You are able to travel as needed to present to channel partners in person
You're a great trainer and coach and have a demonstrated track record of developing others to succeed in sales as you have
You take an ownership approach and are both strategic and tactical, willing to do high-level and lower-level tasks in order to succeed
You're empathetic, bright, positive and really good at connecting with others and making them feel understood
You're extremely detail-oriented and can stay on top of a large volume of partnership opportunities
You're good at objection handling, de-escalating issues, and having difficult conversations
You're honest and transparent
You're comfortable speaking about grief and end of life
You enjoy designing systems & processes to make things more efficient/scalable
- You handle change and ambiguity well
- You're mission-driven, want to serve others, and be a part of something greater than yourself
- You're an incredibly hard worker and loving working with people as self-motivated as you are
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Competitive salary + variable performance
100% employer paid medical benefits
Unlimited vacation policy
See more Eterneva customer reviews here: https://www.eterneva.com/blog/eterneva-reviews