Operations | Remote | Full Time | From $20.00 to $24.00 per hour
Why This Role?
Eterneva’s goal is to change the cultural conversation of death, grief, and remembrance for as many people as possible. Eterneva offers a unique customer journey to help transform the grief around the loss into remembrance around what was remarkable about the loved one. We do this through a unique offering of services and products, all centered around the notion that loved ones should stay a part of our lives and should be remembered remarkably.
Eterneva’s premier product is memorial diamonds. We transform the residual carbon from cremated remains into diamonds and set these diamonds in a wide variety of jewelry items. We provide our customers with high-quality, detailed video and images so our customers can see each stage in the transformation for themselves. A steady inventory of consumables is required to maintain uniform quality and internal timelines for producing customer media capture and diamonds.
The core activities that make up component manufacturing and carbon processing is handled at our main location in Austin, TX and we are currently looking for an Laboratory Technician to join our team.
Focus of this Role:
#1 Maintaining and adhering to SOPs for consumable production: Manufacturing components for HPHT supply requires laboratory-style precision. To keep the process repeatable and within tolerance, the incumbent will stringently adhere to standard operating procedures to ensure quality manufacturing. When modifications are necessary, the incumbent will thoroughly document all changes within the supply chain of the consumables. They will maintain a methodical schedule of production to keep stock from extinguishing.
#2 Preserving orderly manufacturing areas: The laboratory hosts various stages of the diamond creation process, from cremated remains or other biogenic material to graphitized carbon to the Loved One’s diamond(s). Throughout each stage, it is imperative to prioritize cleanliness, conscientiousness and utmost integrity to prevent contamination and oversights. The incumbent will keep the lab clean and free from possible contamination, intrinsically creating a publicly presentable aesthetic.
#3 Customer tours of the growth laboratory (virtual and in real life): Eterneva’s customers expect absolute transparency around the diamond journey. As part of that, we allow customers to tour our production laboratory in Austin. The incumbent will require an integrated understanding of our process and serve to bring awareness and educate the public. The incumbent will need to be able to speak to each step in the process with complete confidence and transparency as well as honest empathy towards the customer’s experience.
#4 Cross-training on acquisition: In the event of intradepartmental absences and/or an influx of customer demand, knowledge and training on operational duties becomes key to preserving the flow of the diamond growth process. The incumbent will develop an informed familiarity with collection and processing of the starting biogenic material and how to process them through the steps of the purification stage, and store the resulting carbon.
#5 Tasks as assigned: In addition to the functions described above, the incumbent will be tasked with a variety of tasks that may or may not be immediately related to the primary job responsibilities. We are a start-up, and all team members are expected to roll up their sleeves when and where required. This should not become more than 40% of overall work-load on a monthly period.
1. Produce HPHT machine consumables
2. Manage SOPs and storage of consumable inventory
3. Maintain an orderly workspace
4. Host facility tours for customers and internal resources
5. Supplement the processing cremated remains into pure, refined carbon
● You are an extremely detail-oriented person
● You work methodically, executing tasks with uniform control and to thorough completion
● You're mission-driven, want to serve others, and be a part of something greater than yourself
● You're an incredibly hard worker and love working with people as self-motivated as you
● You're honest and transparent
How We’ll Measure This Role:
● Adherence to company values
● Quality of day-to-day work
○ Quality control checks on produced consumables
○ Stabilized inventory
● Maintained cleanliness and organization of ops areas
● Level of detail-orientation in maintaining process records & documents
● Creativity in optimizing & adapting processes in collaboration with the HPHT Growth Manager Prerequisites for Role:
● Laboratory experience 1-2 years(+) preferred
● Assessment: Review and edit an SOP for comprehension and error correction