Head of Logistics
Operations | Austin, TX | Full Time
Eterneva helps honor remarkable people by making diamonds from their ashes. As our Head of Logistics, you’ll play a critical role in building the logistics department from the ground up and figuring out how to scale our intricate and special diamond journey.
You’re a self-starter who lives and breathes logistics; you’re a systems thinker with a keen eye for process-design and improvement, and have experience adapting and changing logistics process for scale. You’re a big believer that “if it’s not measured, it’s not managed,” so ensure you’ve got great diagnostics systems that help you identify and elevate bottlenecks and ensure we hit target process KPIs. You work at a quick pace and pride yourself on precision and building quality controls into your processes, to ensure no balls are dropped or details overlooked.
We are a fast-growing start-up with a huge vision to disrupt the funeral industry, so you're ready for a fast-paced and work hard environment. We're building a tiger-team of exceptional people to take Eterneva to great heights!
1. Take our required hiring survey: https://www.cindexinc.com/users/ciims/processes/surveyInfo.php?USER_ID=52035&COMPANY_CODE=SuMaAdnw73&h2=1562016740
2. Show us you're serious in your cover letter! Let us know what about this role excites you, and why you're uniquely qualified to do great work!
Eterneva is a celebration of life company, that honors the lives of remarkable people and pets by turning their ashes into real diamonds.
The diamond is an extraordinarily special way to memorialize a loved one because it’s a bright, it’s personal and it’s forever.
The eight-month journey to create the diamond is just as special. We send monthly pictures, videos, updates so as to give our customers something to look forward to during a tough time, and as a result, many say we change their relationship to grief.
It’s extraordinarily meaningful work, and we make raving fans out of every customer we serve. They’ll fly across the country to visit us and send us handwritten letters to thank us for some much-needed brightness, and for impacting their life.
It’s our belief that remarkable people shouldn’t be forgotten, and it’s about time we brought meaning and celebration to the end of life, instead of putting it in a box.
We’re garnering a ton of attention for our fresh approach - we made both Inc & Forbes 30 Under 30 list and the cover of Inc Magazine. We’ve been featured on Yahoo Finance, Viceland’s 2 Chainz Most Expensivist, On the Money, and most recently were featured on Shark Tank and received investment from Mark Cuban.
Eterneva is located in South Austin near the intersection of i35 and 290.
- Make it Count - On & Off the Field we show up every day with energy, enthusiasm, eager to do our best work. We also act with intention and invest in ourselves and our close relationships outside of work.
- How Can I Be Better? we have growth mindsets, high standards, and are always wanting to improve. We enjoy learning new things and practice extreme ownership over our mistakes.
- Do As You Say we follow through on what we commit to and are dependable and accountable.
- Get Their Back we develop strong relationships across the team, we support each other, and we know if the team fails, everyone fails.
- Be the Change we're passionate about our mission and don't accept the status quo. We're a source of brightness to our customers and always thinking about how we could add more value and create raving fans.
Report to the VP of Operations
You’ll own standardizing and scaling our end-to-end Order Management Process, from sending out the Eterneva Welcome Kit, through to final delivery (Homecoming) of their loved one’s diamonds.
You’ll be responsible for managing all of the physical movement of customer orders throughout our process & supply chain.
You’ll manage all of the Import/Export logistics, including customs documentation and resolving any customs holds.
You’ll own supplier daily communications.
You’ll work with suppliers to establish formal lead times, then develop KPIs for each of those suppliers to measure their performance against.
You’ll own the Quarterly Business Review process with our key suppliers, bringing in the right team members to ensure those reviews constantly improve our customer’s experience.
You’ll own the Quality Assurance process to ensure our customers get the quality and amazing experience we pride ourselves in delivering to them.
You’ll own the creation and maintenance of SOP’s for all Order Management and Logistics processes.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring that our Order Management System has accurate and complete data on all in-process orders.
Most importantly, you’ll be responsible for ensuring our customers have an amazing experience with an on-time delivery!
To make that happen, you'll manage a team of dedicated people, who will handle Logistics and Order Management for a rapidly growing business, holding them accountable to their metrics and quarterly goals.
You come from a logistics background
Bonus if you have a process engineering background
You've managed materials and data, including forecast and inventory management.
You're driven, customer-focused and always looking for ways to improve.
You're a confident leader, developing and directing your team to deliver world-class results.
You have great time management skills.
You have a strong ability to develop a rapport with suppliers and team members.
You’ve got a fantastic customer focus and a clear view of how important this work is
- Bonus if you have experience with "built to order" products
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Competitive salary + variable performance
100% employer paid medical benefits
Unlimited vacation policy