Customer Experience Specialist
Customer Service | Austin, TX | Full Time
Eterneva is completely changing how we culturally view death and honoring our loved ones. We’re here to bring a totally different tone to the funeral space, and ensure remarkable people aren’t forgotten! And you, as one of our early hires, will get to have a direct impact on our exciting trajectory.
You're incredibly detail-oriented and pride yourself on your follow-through; you simply can't leave a customer email unanswered or a task unchecked at the end of the day. You're compassionate, empathetic, positive, and optimistic. You love spending time with customers.
Our customers are going through one of the toughest times in their life, but with every update, you send to them, you're bringing brightness to their grief, and giving them something positive to look forward to, and they reward you with ample texts, emails, and written notes of gratitude!! (check out a few examples above!).
You know that joining a startup means you're a team player ready to roll up your sleeves and help wherever the business needs!
1. Take our required hiring survey: https://portal.cultureindex.com/public/survey/p/M7dHObQkYpVIOtrLv
2. Show us you're serious in your cover letter! Let us know what about this role excites you, and why you're uniquely qualified to do great work!
Eterneva is a celebration of life company, that honors the lives of remarkable people and pets by turning their ashes into real diamonds.
The diamond is an extraordinarily special way to memorialize a loved one because it’s a bright, it’s personal and it’s forever.
The eight-month journey to create the diamond is just as special. We send monthly pictures, videos, updates so as to give our customers something to look forward to during a tough time, and as a result, many say we change their relationship to grief.
It’s extraordinarily meaningful work, and we make raving fans out of every customer we serve. They’ll fly across the country to visit us and send us handwritten letters to thank us for some much-needed brightness, and for impacting their life.
It’s our belief that remarkable people shouldn’t be forgotten, and it’s about time we brought meaning and celebration to end of life, instead of putting it in a box.
We’re garnering a ton of attention for our fresh approach - we recently made Inc’s 30 Under 30 list and the cover of Inc Magazine. We’ve been featured on Yahoo Finance, Viceland’s 2 Chainz Most Expensivist, On the Money, and are doing diamonds for multiple celebrities.
Report to the Customer Experience Manager
Manage the end-to-end journey for 200-250 Eterneva customers
Provide monthly updates of where their loved one is in the diamonds creation process
Take pictures & videos of different stages of the process to share with customers
- Ensure customers receive an update at least once a month - this process is all about transparency and peace of mind, so you obsess over keeping your customers in the loop
- You are the customer's advocate internally so you obsess over getting accurate information from all available sources so their diamond experience is as smooth as can be
Set good expectations with customers that diamond growth takes time, and it may take us a few attempts to grow a perfect diamond for them
- Build great relationships with your customers - this is a unique business where you'll most likely end up being great friends for years after their diamond is complete! Add them on social media, engage with them
Learn all about their loved one, and find ways to honor them
Come up with new innovative ideas on how we can continue to improve our customer's experience and journey
Assist the marketing team in responding to comments on our customer Facebook group
We are looking for someone with prior customer service experience
You are an extremely strong written communicator (very important)
You're empathetic, bright, positive and really good at connecting with others and making them feel understood
You're extremely detail oriented and can stay on top of a large volume of emails and texts
You're good at objection handling, de-escalating issues, and having difficult conversations
You're honest and transparent
You're comfortable speaking with someone who's grieving
You're a proactive problem solver and don't wait for others to tell you what to do if there's an issue
- You're mission-driven, want to serve others, and be a part of something greater than yourself
- You're an incredibly hard worker and loving working with people as self-motivated as you are
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Competitive salary + variable performance
100% employer paid medical benefits
Unlimited vacation policy
See more Eterneva customer reviews here: https://www.eterneva.com/blog/eterneva-reviews