Accountant / Bookkeeper
Finance | Austin, TX | Full Time | Opened 24 days ago
Eterneva is completely changing how we culturally view death and honoring our loved ones. We’re here to bring a totally different tone to the funeral space, and ensure remarkable people aren’t forgotten!
You are a responsible, empathetic, experienced, and talented individual that has a strong knowledge of Accounting (CPA appreciated, but not required). You appreciate doing the ‘little’ things exceptionally well, you’re someone your team can rely on.
As we are a lean and fast growing company, you will have significant exposure to our Founders and senior leadership team. This role will work very closely with, and report directly to our Head of Finance.
There will be tremendous opportunity for growth at the company -- if you’re looking for an opportunity to grow personally and professionally, gain a ton of great experience, and connect with a passionate and welcoming team - this role is for you!
1. Take our required hiring survey: https://www.cindexinc.com/users/ciims/processes/surveyInfo.php?USER_ID=52035&COMPANY_CODE=SuMaAdnw73&h2=1562016740
2. COVER LETTER: Keep this very informal, it's an opportunity for our team to get a bit better sense of who you are -- feel free to write a few paragraphs about why you think this role & Eterneva are a great fit for you OR you may submit an old essay/paper/anything you've written that you feel is a good representation of what makes you YOU!
Eterneva is a celebration of life company, that honors the lives of remarkable people and pets by turning their ashes into real diamonds.
The diamond is an extraordinarily special way to memorialize a loved one because it’s a bright, it’s personal and it’s forever.
The eight-month journey to create the diamond is just as special. We send monthly pictures, videos, updates so as to give our customers something to look forward to during a tough time, and as a result, many say we change their relationship to grief.
It’s extraordinarily meaningful work, and we make raving fans out of every customer we serve. They’ll fly across the country to visit us and send us handwritten letters to thank us for some much-needed brightness, and for impacting their life.
It’s our belief that remarkable people shouldn’t be forgotten, and it’s about time we brought meaning and celebration to the end of life, instead of putting it in a box.
We’re garnering a ton of attention for our fresh approach - we made both Inc & Forbes 30 Under 30 list and the cover of Inc Magazine. We’ve been featured on Yahoo Finance, Viceland’s 2 Chainz Most Expensivist, On the Money, and most recently were featured on Shark Tank and received investment from Mark Cuban.
Eterneva is located in South Austin near the intersection of i35 and 290.
- Make it Count - On & Off the Field we show up every day with energy, enthusiasm, eager to do our best work. We also act with intention and invest in ourselves and our close relationships outside of work.
- How Can I Be Better? we have growth mindsets, high standards, and are always wanting to improve. We enjoy learning new things and practice extreme ownership over our mistakes.
- Do As You Say we follow through on what we commit to and are dependable and accountable.
- Get Their Back we develop strong relationships across the team, we support each other, and we know if the team fails, everyone fails.
- Be the Change we're passionate about our mission and don't accept the status quo. We're a source of brightness to our customers and always thinking about how we could add more value and create raving fans.
Primary Job Functions:
Report to Head of Finance
Manage onboarding of new Eterneva Employees
Prepare invoices for customers
Post and reconcile expense accounts
Process vendor and supplier invoices
Prepare and post journal entries
GL account reconciliations
Prepare accrual entries
Manage Accounts Receivable
Manage Accounts Payable
Work with Head of Finance to build and maintain Financial plans
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Previous accounting / bookkeeping experience required
Bachelor’s or Associates degree required (degree in Accounting or Finance is a plus)
Proficiency in MS Office (especially MS Excel) required
Experience in Quickbooks is a plus
CPA is a plus
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Competitive salary + variable performance
100% employer paid medical benefits
Unlimited vacation policy