Production | Charlotte, NC | Full Time
ESD Architecture and Design is actively interviewing for Project Architect candidates. We are a Charlotte based architecture and design firm with a strong presence in the Southeast. Our preferred candidates will have strong AutoCAD / REVIT production skills to prepare Design and Construction Documents. You will stand out if you have experience researching, material products as well as providing construction administration service.
ESD is a Charlotte based architecture and design firm which provides commercial architecture, interior design and project management services throughout the Southeast. The Company has strong expertise in financial, medical, education, corporate facilities, retail stores, and restaurants. We are looking for an architect who has a track record of developing strong client solutions.
We are looking for a right-brained Architect to perform all phases of architectural work including planning, designing and overseeing the construction. You will be involved in new building designs, extensions, alterations, restorations and conversations from the earliest stages right through to completion. The goal is to match client’s needs and to produce sustainable, functional and aesthetically pleasing designs.
- Control project from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design
- Assist to identify clients’ needs and put together program reports and design proposals
- Developing architecture in line with client’s needs, building’s usage, budgets and timelines.
- Produce detailed construction documents and make any necessary corrections
- Compile project specifications
- Keep within budgets and timelines
- Develop ideas / options, keeping in mind client’s needs and building’s use
- Ensure that all works are carried out to specific standards, building codes, guidelines and regulations
- Follow up on project status and report on project
- Cooperate, coordinate and liaise with Clients and their associated vendors, General Contractors and other construction professionals
- Follow architectural trends and advancements
- Proven working experience as an architect
- Strong portfolio representing skills and capabilities.
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant building codes, regulations and quality standards
- Excellent technical drawing skills and familiarity with design software (AutoCAD / Revit / BIM, Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp, 3d Studio VIZ or similar, but not necessarily all)
- Strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions
- Aesthetic awareness, an eye for detail and most important; a personal desire to Get It Right.
- Communication and project management skills
- Bachelor degree in Architecture at minimum