Desktop Support Technician
Operations | Arlington, VA | Full Time
Erickson Immigration Group (EIG), is a full-service, premium business immigration law firm located in Arlington, Virginia. We pride ourselves on a perfect plus customer experience through trust, honesty, transparency, and availability to our clients.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Desktop Support Technician to join our team! Ideal candidates will have a can-do, anything-is-possible, the-client-comes-first attitude.
The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for the continuing support of Erickson Immigration Group’s computer systems and users. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, serving as the first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance, and support related to computer systems, hardware, software, inquiries, and questions. The Desktop Support Technician is also responsible for diagnosing and resolving all hardware issues including printers, copiers, AV Equipment, and cabling.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk.
- Provide technical assistance and support for issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to requests either over the phone, in person, or email.
- Document internal procedures in knowledgebase articles.
- Maintain the daily performance of computer systems.
- Work through the problem-solving process with customers, empowering them to do the same in the future.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Clean up computers / cable management.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN) and other systems.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Follow up with users to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Create, modify, and remove users in Active Directory.
- Set up new user accounts, profiles, and equipment.
- Daily Check/walkthrough of EIG Tech equipment: AV Video conferencing, computers, cameras, kiosks, copiers, TV’s.
- Work with third-party vendors as needed to resolve issues.
- Maintain inventory of computer, networking equipment, and peripherals.
- Work on assigned projects as needed.
- Configure VPN on laptops.
- Support Remote Workers using Remote support software.
- Relocate Employees as requested.
- Two years of extensive experience supporting Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office suite, Google Suite and Adobe Acrobat or related Experience.
- Excellent Windows 7 and Windows 10 troubleshooting.
- Thorough Knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SMTP.
- Microsoft Certifications, A+, Net+ Certifications are desirable
- Basic knowledge of switches and routers – CCNA is a big plus!
- Good understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy.
- A basic understanding of Cloud Solutions like Office 365 and Microsoft Azure
- Excellent documentation skills are required.
- Understanding of AV equipment.
- Strong understanding in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams, and Outlook).
- Strong understanding of Adobe.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work with a diverse user community often under short deadlines and pressure.
- Understanding of VPN and Virtualization technologies is a plus!
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in an efficient manner.
- Ability to lift 50lbs
EIG offers a fantastic work environment and a chance to be a part of a fast-growing and exciting legal practice. We offer a competitive salary, health care benefits, 401K, casual attire (yes, jeans!), and the opportunity to work with excellent and interesting clients.