Junior Environmental Engineer
Engineering | Mount Olive, NJ | Full Time
The Junior Environmental Engineer will assist with environmental/engineering tasks for site investigation and remediation projects. You will work alongside experienced engineers, and assist with and perform a variety of tasks by applying basic engineering techniques, theories and analyses; utilizing available data in the engineering field.
- Assist in preparing and issuing specifications, data sheets, drawings, and other construction documents.
- Conduct environmental site assessments and assist in developing work plans for site investigations and remediation.
- Assist in preparing remedial action plans; Groundwater, soil, surface water, and indoor air sampling at various project locations.
- Oversee soil boring and monitoring well installations; Soil boring log and monitoring well construction diagram preparation.
- Review of analytical data and preparation of data tables; Assistance with report and proposal preparation.
- Preparation of Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments and CEQR/SEQR/NEPA Environmental Assessments.
- Preparation of simple design calculations, permit applications.
- Adherence to our and clients’ Health & Safety requirements at all times;
- Preparation of field notes for all work;
- Ad-hoc projects and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 1-3 years of experience (field experience a plus)
- Familiarity with Autocad, ArcGis
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER Training a plus
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, and database software preferred
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
- Excellent communication, analytical, field sampling skills.
- Good mechanical skills.
- Ability to work outdoors under inclement weather.
- Clean driving record as travel to supplier, client, or construction site locations may be required.
Employment is contingent upon the results of a Drug & Alcohol screening test and a pre-placement medical evaluation that determines candidate’s ability to perform the proposed job duties. Candidates must present documentation that confirms identity and eligibility for employment in the United States.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full-time positions come with an excellent benefits package including group healthcare program and dental coverage plan, life insurance plan, long-term disability program, other supplemental insurance programs, Simple IRA retirement plan, paid holidays and Paid Time Off. A relocation package is not offered. Equity Environmental Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment and are not limited to those listed.