Staff Software Engineer
Technology | Remote in Hanoi, Hanoi, Vietnam | Full Time
Advance Possibility. Join Episource, a leading provider of risk-adjustment services, software, and solutions for health plans and medical groups.
Lead, innovate, and deliver end-to-end solutions in frontend, backend, data pipelines, and reporting as a Staff Software Engineer at Episource.
As a member of Episource's technology team, we empower you to create your career. We invest in our people, inviting you to grow and elevate your skill set. As an owner of your career path, a desire for innovation and evolution will launch you to success throughout your tenure at Episource.
This remote, full-time, work-from-home role reports to Episource's Engineering Manager.
Here's how you'll make an impact at Episource:
- Serve as a software SME. In this backend/database engineer role, you'll see where high performance meets security, scalability, legacy expertise, and open-source innovation. You'll craft reusable code and elevate Episource's performance to new heights.
- Leverage your passion for code. You'll craft elegant, modular, and easy-to-understand code that meets high-quality standards. As a Sr. Software Engineer at Episource, you'll bring innovation by proactively contributing to critical components and frameworks, shaping the software's future, inspiring teammates with a knack for choosing the right tools, spotting opportunities for reusable components, and designing for tomorrow, reducing the impact of future changes.
- Observe with an eye for improvement. At Episource, you're at the forefront of innovation, crafting, perfecting, and turbocharging reports, dashboards, data models, and auto-aggregation. But that's not all – you'll be the wizard who seamlessly embeds these cutting-edge reports and dashboards into a myriad of applications, ensuring they seamlessly blend into the application landscape while maintaining a white-labeled charm.
- Communicate and collaborate. As a Staff Software Engineer at Episource, you'll actively seek feedback, contribute respectfully, listen attentively, handle conflict with curiosity, and values nonverbal cues. Proactively updates stakeholders, addresses dependencies, and mentors with open, respectful, and empathetic guidance in group and one-on-one settings.
Here's what you'll bring to the Expert Teams of Episource:
- Extensive background in relational databases, writing stored procedures, and building & maintaining ETL/ELT platforms.
- Famkiliiarlty in building & evolving table partitioning strategy and indexing strategy for the entire platform to ensure high performance based on SLAs
- Expertise in manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensional data from varying sources.
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL), stored processes, Functions, etc.
- Experience in building metrics to monitor application performance, alerting for driving proactive remediation.
- Experience in Python/Spark-based ETL platforms for managing data integration & high-performance/high-throughput data platforms
- Unix-based platforms, containers-based application hosting.
- Adept in making the right architectural decisions for our application, many times working in conjunction with multiple stakeholders
- Experience with SOA, REST APIs, containerized microservices, and serverless architectures
- Front End/UI development, backend engineering,
- Deep understanding of web applications,
- Expert in frameworks such as React, Vue J, Node, and Next, with the ability to bootstrap other scripting frameworks. While supporting .Net framework-based applications.
- Experienced with creating and reviewing UI design specifications, prototype development, and conducting usability tests to ensure quality assurance.
- Experience any one reporting platform - preferably Tableau
Here are a few good to-haves for the Staff Software Engineer at Episource:
- Excellent understanding of data modeling (dimensional and relational) concepts
- Use various data sources to develop and publish Tableau workbooks that best suit business needs providing hands-on delivery
- Extensively used Git, GIT Flow CI/CD
- Domain-driven design, loosely coupled, event-driven mindset
- Familiarity with a variety of modern databases such as MPP, Columnar DBs, Document DBs, ElasticSearch etc.
EPIC Core Values: Entrepreneurial, Positive, Integrity, Customer-focused
The embodiment of our EPIC Core Values defines our team member experience. We are proud to demonstrate and celebrate these values daily, and we showcase these to one another, our candidates and applicants, and our esteemed clients.
Expert Teams. Ingenious Technologies.
Our journey started in 2006 with medical billing and coding services for physicians, then pivoted to HCC coding for payers. We’ve grown by learning and listening to clients. Our entrepreneurial mindset drives innovation and collaboration and aims to provide exceptional service experiences. Fifteen years later, we are a platform company delivering insights and interventions using superior technology workflows and people.