Senior Product Manager
Product | Remote - US | Full Time
Advance Possibility. Join Episource, a leading provider of risk-adjustment services, software, and solutions for health plans and medical groups.
The Sr. Product Manager collaborates with the Product Development team in conveying a clear product
vision to our customers, internal stakeholders, scrum teams and sales. The Sr. Product Manager is
primarily responsible for driving a well ideated roadmap and feature set, that supports the product and
our data platform as a service. The Sr. Product Manager researches the market to identify new
opportunities and works with end users to identify further automation and digitization of our
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Actively researches and learns the markets we serve.
- Spends time talking to customers and prospects and learning their needs, their current workflows.
- Has a user community to tap into for feedback and questions.
- Sought for market expertise
- Represents the voice of the market to stakeholders and the company
- Discovers market problems from enhancement requests, surveys, and interviews, competitive research, win/loss and churn analysis, and partner landscape analysis
- Defines pricing strategy and integrates into the product vision
- Researches industry trends and integrates into the product vision
- Holds self accountable for all aspects of the product life cycle from initial positioning to support
- Achieves product vision buy-in as outlined in the vision document and ensures org alignment
- Serves as internal product champion
- Develops, maintains, and achieves buy-in of multi-year product roadmap
- Models resources, understands core competencies, and incorporates build vs buy vs partner into the roadmap
- Understands team core competencies, anticipates challenges, and incorporates into plans
- Changes epics and stories rarely once development starts
- Defines launch plans, ensures stakeholder alignment, and drives to completion.
- Delivers features according to plan while meeting quality objectives and product principles
- Attains committed OKRs and often attains stretch OKRs
- Builds strong thought partner relationships with peers and stakeholders, ensuring all impacted roles are well
- represented in planning
- Improves team process and cultural maturity
- Shows clear interest in and passion for users, customers, and the business
- Drives progress with tenacity, not allowing self, product, or team to get stuck
- Maintains a strategic focus on long-term success vs short-term firefighting
- Demonstrates adaptability in a growing and ever-changing organization
- Manages conflicts successfully
- Monitor one’s own and other people’s emotions, using emotional information to guide thinking and behavior
- Perceives situations and environmental elements, using this information to guide thinking and behavior
- Accountable for major product from definition through support
- Attends and participates in large-scale conferences and presents company to a wider range of audience in the Industry
- Assist with recurring management team reporting
- Requires an individual to maintain the ability to work in an environment with PHI / PII data
- May be assigned other duties.
- Must maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Over 12 years of experience in Product Management or Analytics/Integration, preferably in the
- healthcare or technology industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent combination of education and experience, professional
- certification preferred.
- Prior experience with a Medicare Advantage Plan, Medicaid or ACA plan
- Strong understanding of claims/encounter, member, provider, Rx, lab, and clinical data sets
- Previous experience with a health plan, hospital system or vendor to health plans as well as big data
- platforms, cloud technologies, data governance, ETL, analytics tooling, and integration/interoperability.
- NLP/AI experience is desirable.
- Significant experience working in an Agile Software Development environment and possesses knowledge of the Product Development Lifecycle
- SQL intermediate skills as well BI tools (i.e. Tableau, Power BI, etc) and data technologies (i.e.
- Experience performing competitive analysis and market research to stay on top of industry trends
- Experience working with multiple teams/stakeholders to gather and document detailed business and
- technical requirements
- Direct experience conducting process analysis, requirements definition, and use-case analysis and data
- Desire to challenge the status quo, and strong focus on the voice of the customer
Here is how you will benefit as a valued member of our Expert Teams at Episource.
Remote culture with company equipment, virtual access, and monthly internet allowance
Self-managed Flexible Time Off / Paid Time Off + eight paid holidays per year
Wellness Programs (EAP, Calm App)
401(k) with company match
Career Development: Tuition reimbursement, certifications, and seminars
Health, Vision, Dental, Voluntary Life, and AD&D Insurance
Health Savings Account / Flexible Savings Account
Expert Teams. Ingenious Technologies.
Our journey started in 2006 with medical billing and coding services for physicians, then pivoted to HCC coding for payers. Today, we are an end-to-end enterprise for risk adjustment solutions. We’ve grown by learning and listening to our customers. Our entrepreneurial mindset drives innovation and collaboration. Our goal is to always provide exceptional service and experiences. And now, 15 years later, we are a platform company – delivering insights and interventions using superior technology, workflows, and people.