Chart Retrieval Specialist II
Chart Retrieval Specialist | Hybrid in Houston, TX | Full Time | From $20.00 to $20.00 per month
Episource is a leading provider of risk-adjustment services, software, and solutions for health plans and medical groups.
You’re a seasoned traveler, a natural leader, and passionate about healthcare. We promote a positive and collaborative workplace and aim to provide an opportunity for support and continuous learning at all levels of our company.
Bring your ambitious, team-player spirit., and leadership skills to a flourishing organization as a Chart Retrieval Specialist II. (This role requires travel and many times will be last minute.)
What will you do as a Chart Retrieval Specialist II at Episource?
You’ll retrieve medical records from various healthcare facilities on behalf of health plans and other clients for retrospective and prospective reviews.
- Leverage your leadership skills. As a Chart Retrieval Specialist II, you’ll act as a role of authority, making yourself approachable and willing to help other team members with their questions and needs. Allow yourself to be a resource for new hires as well as a positive role model for all.
- Experience hands-on fieldwork. Travel to provider offices, retrieve paper and electronic medical charts, and upload them into our secure system. (Episource’s coding team then reviews and analyzes the charts.)
- Get paid hourly. Reimbursement starts at mile one and includes in-between travel locations.
- Episource supplies the work equipment. Train virtually from home! We provide a password-protected laptop, a scanner, and flash drives equipped in a convenient backpack with handles & wheels for easy handling.
What you’ll love about working as a Chart Retrieval Specialist II at Episource:
- Episource offers a monthly internet allowance.
- Gain hands-on EHR experience.
- Expand your healthcare industry experience.
- Work independently while collaborating with Episource Chart Retrieval Specialists and your Team Lead.
- Experience a change of scenery, travel to various healthcare offices, and meet new people.
Computer skills you will bring to the Expert Teams at Episource:
- Know how to download / upload files and store them in an organized file
- Ability to transfer files from software to a desktop folder
- Know how to copy and paste files, i.e., transfer files to a flash drive
- Document imaging or scanning experience is a plus
How will you qualify for this role?
- Over 5 years of experience in medical record retrieval or health Information management
- A valid driver’s license
- Insurance/liability policy in the team member’s name
- Reliable and secure internet with the ability to download 50 Mbps and upload 5 Mbps
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm availability and travel may be required on the weekends:
- Basic navigational knowledge of electronic medical record (EMR) applications such as (but not limited to) Epic, Allscripts, eClinicalWorks, Nextgen, etc., is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Salesforce CRM platform is a plus
Here are the physical requirements for performing the Chart Retrieval Specialist II role:
- Lift and carry up to 30 pounds at any given time safely and efficiently without putting your back and other muscles at risk
- The ability to use telephone or headset equipment in two-way communication circumstances
EPIC Core Values: Entrepreneurial, Positive, Integrity, Customer-focused
The embodiment of our EPIC Core Values defines our team member experience. We are proud to demonstrate and celebrate these values daily, and we showcase these to one another, our candidates and applicants, and our esteemed clients.
Expert Teams. Ingenious Technologies.
Our journey started in 2006 with medical billing and coding services for physicians, then pivoted to HCC coding for payers. Today, we are an end-to-end enterprise for risk adjustment solutions. We’ve grown by learning and listening to our customers. Our entrepreneurial mindset drives innovation and collaboration. Our goal is always to provide exceptional service and experiences. And now, 15 years later, we are a platform company – delivering insights and interventions using superior technology, workflows, and people.
Salary Rate: $20.00/hour
We base pay on several factors, including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, location, and other relevant factors. This is Episource’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this position as of the time of posting.
Episource will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination for all patient-facing healthcare workers and client-facing employees.
Episource, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Episource, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.