Chart Retrieval Specialist - Columbus, OH
Chart Retrieval Specialist | Hybrid in Columbus, OH | Part Time | From $18.00 to $18.00 per hour
Advance Possibility: Join Episource, a leading provider of risk-adjustment services, software, and solutions for health plans and medical groups.
The Chart Retrieval Specialist is responsible for retrieving medical records (both paper and electronic) from various healthcare facilities on behalf of health plans and other clients for retrospective and prospective reviews.
We are looking for energetic self-starters with problem-solving skills who are computer-savvy and quick to pick up various software applications to retrieve medical record information electronically or through scanning from provider offices and facilities.
Hear from one of our very own:
"My team lead was amazing. She was very flexible and always available when I needed her. Episource has been one of the best companies I have worked for." - Episource Chart Retrieval Specialist located in Orange County, CA
How will you benefit as a valued member of our Expert Teams at Episource?
- Paid to drive to work hourly pay + mileage (the clock starts when you leave home)
- Independent position
- Experience a variety of work offices
- Gain experience in the healthcare field
- Gain hands-on experience with EHRs
- Schedule varies week to week
- Work three consistent days week to week
Independent Position Skills
- Keeping track of passwords
- Responding to communications
- Checking their schedule
- Asking for assistance when needed
Problem Solving Skills
- Exploring new Electronic Health Record Systems
- Attention to Detail and Accuracy
- How to create and organize desktop folders
- Knowledge of downloading files and storing them in an organized file
- Ability to transfer files from software to a desktop folder
- Copying and pasting files, i.e., transfer to flash drive
- Ability to learn new software applications
What you will bring to the Expert Teams at Episource:
- High School diploma or GED
- Very great attention to detail, including accuracy and efficiency
- Strong interpersonal skills such as diplomacy, patience, and politeness
- Change direction and re-prioritize in response to changing work situations
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle tasks and requests expeditiously and proactively
- Powerful interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent computer skills
- Document imaging or scanning experience a plus
- Reliable and secure internet (minimum: 50 downloads, five uploads)
- Availability to work Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm or a minimum of three consistent full days a week
- Excellent time-management skills, including the ability to balance multiple (and sometimes competing) priorities
- Basic navigational knowledge of some electronic medical record applications such as; Epic, Allscripts, e-Clinical Works, and Nextgen are a plus
- A valid driver’s license and insurance/liability policy in the employee's name is mandatory in applicable cities/states when a motor vehicle is necessary for the position. This may not apply to cities and states in San Francisco, New York, or Washington, D.C. Management will notify such employees when applicable.
Expert Teams. Ingenious Technologies.
Our journey started in 2006 with medical billing and coding services for physicians, then pivoted to HCC coding for payers. Today, we are an end-to-end enterprise for risk adjustment solutions. We’ve grown by learning and listening to our customers. Our entrepreneurial mindset drives innovation and collaboration. Our goal is to always provide exceptional service and experiences. And now, 15 years later, we are a platform company – delivering insights and interventions using superior technology, workflows, and people.