Chart Retrieval Specialist
Chart Retrieval Specialist | Hybrid in Damascu, MD | Contract | From $20.00 to $20.00 per hour
Episource is a leading provider of risk-adjustment services, software, and solutions for health plans and medical groups.
You’re computer-savvy, quick to learn various software applications and a problem-solver — bring your ambitious team-player outlook to a flourishing organization as a Chart Retrieval Specialist.
What will you do as a Chart Retrieval Specialist at Episource?
You’ll retrieve medical records from various healthcare facilities on behalf of health plans and other clients for retrospective and prospective reviews.
- Experience hands-on fieldwork. Travel to provider offices within a 40-mile radius, retrieve paper and electronic medical charts and upload them into our secure system. (Episource’s coding team then reviews and analyzes the charts.)
- You won’t report to an Episource office after the day is completed. Have anything left to submit at the end day? Do it from the comfort of your home.
- New to risk adjustment? We provide two days of remote paid training. Train virtually from home!
- We pay hourly. Reimbursement starts at mile one and includes in-between travel locations.
- Episource supplies the work equipment. We provide a password-protected laptop, a scanner, and flash drives equipped in a convenient backpack with handles & wheels for easy handling.
What you’ll love about working as a Chart Retrieval Specialist at Episource:
- Episource offers a monthly internet allowance.
- Gain hands-on EHR experience.
- Expand your healthcare industry experience.
- Work independently while collaborating with fellow Episource Chart Retrieval Specialists and your Team Lead.
- Experience a change of scenery, travel to various healthcare offices, and meet new people.
Computer skills you will bring to the Expert Teams at Episource:
- Know how to download / upload files and store them in an organized file
- Ability to transfer files from software to a desktop folder
- Know how to copy and paste files, i.e., transfer files to a flash drive
- Document imaging or scanning experience is a plus
How will you qualify for this role?
- High School diploma or GED
- A valid driver’s license
- Insurance/liability policy in the team member’s name
- Reliable and secure internet with the ability to download 50 Mbps and upload 5 Mbps
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm availability: Your schedule could include working three or more consecutive days depending on the project
- Basic navigational knowledge of electronic medical record (EMR) applications such as (but not limited to) Epic, Allscripts, eClinical Works, Nextgen, etc., is a plus
Here are the physical requirements for performing the Charter Retrieval Specialist role:
- Lift and carry up to 30 pounds at any given time safely and efficiently without putting your back and other muscles at risk
- The ability to use telephone or headset equipment in two-way communication circumstances
EPIC Core Values: Entrepreneurial, Positive, Integrity, Customer-focused
The embodiment of our EPIC Core Values defines our team member experience. We are proud to demonstrate and celebrate these values daily, and we showcase these to one another, our candidates and applicants, and our esteemed clients.
Expert Teams. Ingenious Technologies.
Our journey started in 2006 with medical billing and coding services for physicians, then pivoted to HCC coding for payers. Today, we are an end-to-end enterprise for risk adjustment solutions. We’ve grown by learning and listening to our customers. Our entrepreneurial mindset drives innovation and collaboration. Our goal is always to provide exceptional service and experiences. And now, 15 years later, we are a platform company – delivering insights and interventions using superior technology, workflows, and people.
Salary Range (or rate): $20/hour
We base pay on several factors, including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, location, and other relevant factors. This is Episource’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this position as of the time of posting.
Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. Episource will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination for all patient-facing healthcare workers and client-facing employees.
Episource, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Episource, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.