Service | Great Falls, MT | Full Time
Entre is a professional service company focused on managed services, computer & technology support, and consulting. We specialize in company networks with 5-100+ users. Most of our clients are small businesses that aren't large enough to have an internal IT Department. We live by two core principles: 1. keeping our prices fair and reasonable 2. responding quickly to our client's needs.
The System Engineer is a strategic technical position within Entre. This position is responsible for
maintaining the design and integrity of customer’s IT systems, coordinating complex projects, and
implementing IT solutions. Your daily duties will be assisting the service desk, handling escalation tickets
and working on multiple small to medium IT projects. If you have a passion for customer service, enjoy
solving the tough technical problems, designing exceptional solutions and have an eye for the details, then we have the position for you!
• 5+ years helpdesk/field-onsite technical support experience providing complete network to end
point support services to small and medium sized businesses
• Demonstrated understanding of data integrity, standard backup practices, and associated
hardware/software solutions. Experience with Veeam and Acronis backups preferred
• Windows Server (2008-2019) administration including spin-up, roll-out and management
including but not limited to Active Directory, GPOs, Trusts, Print Servers, Application Servers, etc.
• Maintain virtual environments such as Hyper-V, VMware, Veeam & Azure
• Workstation operating systems e.g., MAC, Windows 7 and later
• Workstation productivity/operations application administration e.g., Microsoft Office,
• Network Security – Router/Firewall experience i.e. Cisco, Meraki, SonicWall, Sophos & Barracuda
firewalls & wireless environments
• Cloud Environment management e.g., AWS, Azure, etc.
• Enterprise email systems e.g., Microsoft Exchange, Google Suite, etc.
• Office 365 deployment and security
• Provide both reactive and proactive support of desktop, server, and network issues for our clients.
• Daily and accurate time entry accounting for at least 7.5 hours in the form of service ticket notes
• Monthly billing should be at least 80% or more of a typical month of about 160 hours available.
• Focused on lowering average response Time and resolution times
• Desire and enthusiasm for working primarily workstation tickets/issues daily, yet with the skill and
experience to also troubleshoot and resolve Windows server, network switch and router tickets
• Provide a high level of customer service with a positive attitude at all times
• Work proactive and reactive issues (Client submitted or monitoring generated) remotely and
onsite as needed within committed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
• Pay close attention to detail while performing technically detailed tasks
• Deals effectively with stressful situations focusing on the best outcome for the Client
• Experience in a professional and consultative approach to your interaction with our external
customers (i.e., honest, trustworthy, objective, competent)
• Great communication skills—both verbal and written at a consulting level
• Has a willingness to recognize when it is necessary to ask for technical expertise from others
without unnecessarily burdening other team members
• Articulate technical information clearly and simply to non-technical people
• Implement small projects to medium projects
• Assist project engineers on larger projects
• Assist in customer on and off boarding's
• Lead managed service offerings and cross train on other offerings as assigned
• Self-motivated and is self-directed with the ability to work with minimal direction
• Mentors new Engineers
• Any other assigned duties
• Will be required to document time on an hourly basis as assigned work is completed
• Must be available for on call approximately one week every three months
• Must be available occasionally on nights and weekends to perform off-hour maintenance and
• Enter all work as service tickets into ConnectWise
• Highly organized, self-motivated, and self-directed
• Managed Services Platform experience a plus
• Ability to create knowledge base articles and update customer documentation in IT Glue
• Ability to lift 50+ pounds
• Must be willing to travel for client onsite visits, some overnight stays will be required
• Must have a valid driver’s license, insurance and reliable transportation
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
• Desktop Support: 3 years (Required)
• Customer Service: 3 years (Required)
• Windows Server support: 4 years (Required)
• Firewall and Network Support: 2 years (Preferred)
• MSP (Managed Services Provider) Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
• Technical support in a production IT environment(s), preferably in multi-site environments: 5
• Macintosh, Kaseya, ConnectWise, Sophos, SonicWall, Barracuda, Unifi, experience a plus