Internal Application: Nightlife & Event Security
Operations | Entertainment District | Part Time
Position: Nightlife Security
Organization: The Entertainment District
Location: Downtown Kalamazoo - 310 E Michigan - Kalamazoo, MI 49007
The Entertainment District is made up of 10 venues on 6 floors in over 55,000 sq ft, located in Downtown Kalamazoo. The district offers nightlife, concerts, special events and private events.
OUR MISSION .. is to provide a big city experience with trendy environments, hospitable service, delicious food & beverages, amazing entertainment, and well maintained facilities and furnishings.
Nightlife & Event Security are responsible for ensuring the safety of our guests and employees as well as creating an exceptional customer experience with friendliness and venue knowledge. The individual is responsible for upholding all liquor control laws and fire department regulations.
- Help to create an incredible guest experience.
- Treat all guests with respect and eagerness to help in any way.
- Carding ALL Customers with ID system.
- Enforcing dress code.
- Ensuring customer and employee safety.
- Upholding liquor control laws.
- De-escalating altercations with customers.
- Bussing and general cleanup throughout the night.
- Cross promoting venues.
- Work closely and harmoniously with teammates to setup, operate and teardown venues.
- Help maintain facilities and avoid damage to property, inventory, furnishings or equipment by following sop's.
- Uphold policies & procedures at all times.
- A positive attitude and well kept appearance.
- Position experience is not required but appreciated.
- A strong desire to provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Ability to follow directions and execute a plan.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
- Positive work history. (dependability, compliance, performance)
- Ability to commit to employment contract w/6 month commitment + 3 week notice.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- 15+ hours per week (average).
- Thurs/Fri/Sat + Special Events.
- 7+ hour shifts (8pm to 3am).
- Additional hours available in other positions, venues or businesses.
- Competitive hourly wage.
- Fun work environment.
- Skills development.
- Opportunity to work in other venues or businesses.
- Opportunity for advancement into management.
Thank You For Your Consideration!