Lead Banquet Captain
Operations | Entertainment District | Full Time
Position: Lead Banquet Captain
Organization: The Entertainment District
Location: Downtown Kalamazoo - 310 E Michigan - Kalamazoo, MI 49007
Status: Hiring Immediately
The lead banquet captain will be responsible for the outcome of every event by creating detailed plans, overseeing the event team, being the primary client contact during the event , and executing the event plan to exact specifications.
- Create an incredible guest experience through detailed planning and thorough communication with clients, guests, vendors, suppliers and staff.
- Treat all customers, guests, vendors and staff with utmost respect and eagerness to serve.
- Work with planners, customers, guests, entertainers, vendors, suppliers and staff to finalize event plans and ensure preparedness for setup and event day.
- Schedule, oversee and communicate to event staff .. before, during and after event.
- Setup event venue per plan and ensure staff, equipment, inventory and supplies are in place before event.
- Assist vendors and entertainers with setup and teardown, and uphold company times, processes and policies.
- Ensure event timeline is upheld and communicate changes immediately to customers, guest and staff.
- Oversee and verify high quality food & beverage service per timelines.
- Manage inventory transfers and update logs nightly.
- Utilize checklists and update systems daily.
- Report on events results nightly. revenue/labor/costs..etc
- Help maintain facilities and avoid damage to property, inventory, furnishings or equipment by following sop's.
- Uphold company policies & pricing at all times.
- Positive Attitude & Service Minded.
- Organized & detailed orientated.
- Prepared & punctual.
- Strong desire to provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Ability to follow timelines and execute event plans.
- Ability to work harmoniously with teammates.
- Coordinating experience in a high volume establishment preferred.
- Experienced with computers, event software and spreadsheets.
- Ability to commit to employment contract w/1 year commitment + 4 week notice.
- Positive work history (dependability, compliance, performance).
- 40-50+ hours per week avg.
- Tues - Sat
- On Call as Needed
- $12 per hour + raise after 6 months.
- Performance Bonuses
- Holiday Bonus
- Paid Time Off
- Fun work environment.
- Skills development.
- Opportunity to work in other venues or businesses.
- Opportunity for advancement into other positions
- Event Supervisor
- Event Coordinator
- Event Planner
The Entertainment District is made up of 10 venues on 6 floors in over 55,000 sq ft, located in Downtown Kalamazoo. The district offers nightlife, concerts, special events and private events that include corporate parties, holiday parties, social events, loft weddings, rooftop ceremonies, and overnight accommodations in penthouse suite 601 and 602.
OUR MISSION .. is to provide a big city experience with trendy environments, hospitable service, delicious food & beverages, amazing entertainment, and well maintained facilities and furnishings.
Thank You For Your Consideration!