Management | Kalamazoo, MI | Full Time
Position: Bar Manager
Organization: The Entertainment District
Location: 310 E Michigan - Suite 504 Kalamazoo, MI 49007
The Entertainment District is made up of 8 venues on 6 floors in over 55,000 sq ft, located in Downtown Kalamazoo.
The district offers - nightlife, 100+ special events, 200+ private events that include corporate parties, holiday parties, social events, loft weddings, rooftop ceremonies, and now hotel accommodations in the penthouse suite 601.
Our goal is to provide a big city experience with trendy environments, hospitable service, delicious food, exciting beverages, amazing entertainment, and well maintained facilities.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the oversight, upkeep and improvement of one or more venues that may be assigned.. Below are the primary objectives and core responsibilities of the position.
- Customer Experience
- Increase Revenues
- Decrease Expense
- Organizing - office, records, files….
- Planning - events, staff, purchases….
- Staffing - recruit, qualify, verify, hire, train, plan, schedule, track, review, motivate, payroll, auditing...
- Purchasing - pars, price comparison, inventory, usage, forecasting, ordering, verification….
- Entertainment - recruit, negotiate, document, control...
- Maintaining - schedules, cleaning, repairs, audits.….
- Supervising - room, food, beverage, service, legal....
- Reporting - sales, labor, purchases, usage, maintenance....
- Auditing - staff, inventory, maintenance....
- Improving - staff, systems, cogs....
- 5 days on / 2 days off
- 3 Supervisory shifts per week ( 3pm - 3am - thursday/friday/saturday )
- 2 admin shifts per week ( 10am - 7pm - tuesday/wednesday )
- 50+ hours per week
> days and times are subject to change based upon venues and responsibilities.
- Competitive Salary or Hourly Rate
- Sign On Bonus
- Performance Bonuses
- Holiday Bonuses
- Profit Sharing
- Health Coverage
- IRA Contribution
- F&B Accounts
- Mobile Phone & Computer
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Sick Days
- Life Insurance
> compensation package based on candidates education, experience, skills, certifications, software proficiencies and final job structure and responsibilities of position.
- Manage significant responsibilities and develop a broad range of skills for future career goals.
- Position could lead to higher roles within the entertainment district, or within related companies.
- Exposure to best in industry software and technology.
- 3 year commitment prefered, but negotiable.
- 6 week notice if commitment is cancelled.
> Thank you for your consideration!
- The Entertainment District Team