Operations | Entertainment District | Full Time
Position: Bar Manager
Organization: The Entertainment District
Location: 310 E Michigan - Kalamazoo, MI 49007
The Entertainment District is made up of 10 venues on 6 floors in over 55,000 sq ft, located in Downtown Kalamazoo. The district offers nightlife, concerts, special events and private events that include corporate parties, holiday parties, social events, loft weddings, rooftop ceremonies, and overnight accommodations in penthouse suite 601 and 602.
OUR MISSION .. is to provide a big city experience with trendy environments, hospitable service, delicious food & beverages, amazing entertainment, and well maintained facilities and furnishings.
The Bar Manager is responsible for the oversight, upkeep and improvement of one or more venues that may be assigned..as well as accomplishing the following:
- Exceptional Customer Experience
- Build & Nurture Team
- Increase Revenues
- Decrease Expense
- Organizing - office, records, files….
- Planning - events, staff, purchases….
- Staffing - recruit, qualify, verify, hire, train, plan, schedule, track, review, motivate, payroll, auditing...
- Purchasing - pars, price comparison, inventory, usage, forecasting, ordering, verification….
- Entertainment - recruit, negotiate, document, control...
- Maintaining - schedules, cleaning, repairs, audits.….
- Supervising - room, food, beverage, service, legal....
- Reporting - sales, labor, purchases, usage, maintenance....
- Auditing - staff, inventory, maintenance....
- Improving - staff, systems, cogs....
- Positive attitude & well kept appearance.
- 2+ years experience managing a nightlife establishment.
- Ability to lead and build a team.
- History of providing a high quality customer experience.
- Strong computer & software skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Positive background & work history.
- 50+ hours per week.
- 5 days on & 2 days off.
- 3 Supervisory shifts per week ( 3pm - 3am - thursday/friday/saturday )
- 2 admin shifts per week ( 10am - 7pm - tuesday/wednesday )
- Days and times are subject to change based upon venues and responsibilities.
- Competitive Salary
- Performance Bonuses
- F&B Account
- Holiday Bonus
- Health Coverage
- IRA Contribution
- Mobile Phone & Computer
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Sick Days
- Develop a broad range of skills for future career goals.
- Position could lead to higher roles within The Entertainment District, or within related companies.
- Exposure to best in industry software and technology.
Thank You for your consideration!