VP Engineering, International Opportunity
Engineering | Karachi, Pakistan | Full Time
Engage Recruiting is a rapidly growing San Francisco Bay Area-based boutique recruiting firm specializing in early-stage startups. We are actively recruiting for a VP of Engineering for our Karachi, Pakistan-based client. The role can be 100% remote as long as the individual is willing and capable of supporting the team of 40+ engineers in Pakistan.
Our client is looking for an inspiring leader to enable the next stage of massive growth and continuous innovation. The leader will help us transform into a Product & Eng-led organization and inspire our Engineers to build stuff that wow our customers.
You will work alongside the brightest and most remarkable individuals in the industry and you will have an immediate impact on the aspirations for global domination and innovation. And you will do all this, while challenging your career, giving back to the community, and creating new friendships.
Objectives of this role:
- Build & Scale a High-Performance Engineering function to enable the next stage of massive growth/scale & continuous Innovation.
- Significantly improve Delivery throughput & Reliability.
- Empower & Engage teams to build a culture of customer-centricity, continuous learning, operational excellence, and innovation
- Build, scale, retain & lead the team of highly engaged, skilled, and customer-centric Engineers.
- Significantly improve our quality throughput. Ensure timely delivery, reliability, and operational excellence as we evolve, scale, and expand multiple/adjacent Product lines.
- Deeply understand our context and organize the team structure for optimum performance, customer-centricity, and innovation. Define and operationalize SLOs, SLAs, and SLIs.
- As a core member of the leadership team, working closely with Tech, Product & Business on both strategic initiatives and day to day Discovery & Delivery.
- Strong alignment with Support to continuously improve & evolve the Platform for better customer experience and avoiding support load in the first place.
- Strong alignment with Infosec function for better Security of internal assets and Platform offering.
- Own the Global hiring strategy and teams/culture integration.
- Coach, enable & empower engineers. Oversee their career development & learning/growth plans. Drive the culture of ownership, accountability & transparency.
- Capacity planning of all assets/components to ensure scalability & reliability.
- Drive Strategy and Execution of Incident Response Management
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a renowned university.
- Past experience in working with a team of 40+ engineers in a high-growth SaaS environment.
- 10+ years of industry experience.
- Past experience with open source environments (Linux, Nginx, Apache, PHP, WordPress) and DevOps/Infrastructure (Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD, Config Management) will be a significant plus.
- You are thorough, deep, and details oriented. Someone who brings energy & clarity
- You have a progressive and continuous learning attitude
- You are a results-oriented and independent problem solver that brings solutions, not problems, to the table
- You have been an engineer yourself and can easily earn the trust.
- You have a high level of integrity and ownership.
- You live and breathe the job with passion.
- You possess outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal abilities
- You have a passion for coaching & growing people
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and commercial awareness.