Senior Corporate Counsel
Legal | Raleigh, NC | Full Time
Engage Recruiting is a rapidly growing San Francisco Bay Area-based boutique recruiting firm specializing in early-stage startups. We are actively recruiting for a Senior Corporate Counsel for our San Francisco-based client. The role can be remote but ideally in close proximity to the client's offices in the following locations:
Raleigh, North Carolina
New York, New York
The client is looking for a highly qualified Corporate Counsel with experience in technology licensing to join their innovative and business-savvy legal team. Reporting to the company's Associate General Counsel, the Senior Corporate Counsel will assist in driving commercial transactions in North America.
About the Client:
The client is an application performance management (APM) and IT operations analytics (ITOA) company based in San Francisco. The company focuses on managing the performance and availability of applications across cloud computing environments as well as inside the data center. They innovate everywhere - from launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building services that accelerate businesses and business results. Their technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education, and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
What You Will Do:
- Negotiate complex software license agreements in accordance with Legal Playbook and company risk tolerance.
- Handle a significant number of emails daily but also have the self-discipline to focus on 7-figure transactions with leading Fortune 500 companies.
- Respond promptly to requests from internal clients; summarize and communicate legal risks in a way that business people can understand.
- Assist in the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and the Legal Playbook.
- Negotiate complex software license and SaaS agreements with leading global customers.
- Respond to requests from internal clients and summarize and communicate legal risks in a clear way.
- Develop and maintain terms for buying programs, such as enterprise license agreements.
- Support our partner organization with new partner programs.
- Assist in the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and playbooks.
- Bar admission in the relevant jurisdiction, with a minimum of six years of relevant experience at a law firm and/or in-house (the ideal candidate will have both law firm and in-house experience).
- Experience negotiating complex software license agreements, vendor/supplier contracts, and reseller agreements.
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
- Exceptional contract negotiation and drafting skills, with the ability to negotiate multi-year, multi-million-dollar license agreements with the world’s largest enterprises.
- Great teammate with a strong work ethic who is comfortable working in a dynamic environment and with other internal teams like engineers, sales representatives, product managers, marketing teams, etc.
- Focused attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Clear communicator able to communicate complex issues in a clear and simple manner both in writing and verbally.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and desire to make legal processes more efficient.
- Excellent business judgment.
- Client-centric approach to handling complex legal issues, while demonstrating grace and a positive attitude under all circumstances.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills and wants to contribute to a team culture focused on fun.