Front-end Engineer (remote)
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Engage Recruiting is a rapidly growing San Francisco Bay Area-based boutique recruiting firm specializing in early-stage startups. We are actively recruiting for a Back-end engineer for our San Francisco based client. The role can be remote.
About the client:
The mission is simple—change the way people care for our parents so they can live safely at home as they age. But how we accomplish our mission is anything but simple. Every day, we’re solving complex problems that don’t come with a playbook. Sound exciting? If you’re someone who shares their core values—Own the Outcome, Solve with Empathy, and Act with Honor—let’s talk.
Founded in 2014, the client is now one of the fastest-growing, non-medical home care companies in the U.S. Why? They realized that by combining amazing technology and operations with the local, personal touch of partner agencies, they could make real progress transforming this fast-growing, $30BN industry. The company's unique approach is driving the leadership as an innovator—and their rapid growth. They have cutting-edge machine learning, a beautiful, well-designed app, and industry-leading design, paired with a strong sales, marketing, and support engine. But they are not a tech company, they are a human company. The technology they design just helps their people be even better at their jobs.
We're looking for an expert at building feature-rich frontend web applications using React, who excels at engineering design and review, from building new systems to providing great code reviews. In this role, you work closely with designers and product managers on a fast-moving team and need to thrive in a diverse, cross-functional team, collaborating with people throughout the company. If you love solving problems and creating great experiences for users, this may be a great fit.
To succeed in the role, you’ll need to have:
- You've led the design and implementation of large projects in multi-person teams
- You have 6+ years of professional software development experience
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Preferred Candidates Come With
- Experience in architecting large-scale React web apps, using Redux from the ground up
- Comfort working across the full stack
- Experience in building and operating production-grade applications in Python
- Appreciation for hands-on coding and enjoy being thrown in the middle of mission-critical projects
- Excitement to learn from your peers