Back-end Engineer (remote)
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Engage Recruiting is a rapidly growing San Francisco Bay Area-based boutique recruiting firm specializing in early-stage startups. We are actively recruiting for a Back-end engineer for our San Francisco based client. The role can be remote.
About the client:
The mission is simple—change the way people care for our parents so they can live safely at home as they age. But how we accomplish our mission is anything but simple. Every day, we’re solving complex problems that don’t come with a playbook. Sound exciting? If you’re someone who shares their core values—Own the Outcome, Solve with Empathy, and Act with Honor—let’s talk.
Founded in 2014, the client is now one of the fastest-growing, non-medical home care companies in the U.S. Why? They realized that by combining amazing technology and operations with the local, personal touch of partner agencies, they could make real progress transforming this fast-growing, $30BN industry. The company's unique approach is driving the leadership as an innovator—and their rapid growth. They have cutting-edge machine learning, a beautiful, well-designed app, and industry-leading design, paired with a strong sales, marketing, and support engine. But they are not a tech company, they are a human company. The technology they design just helps their people be even better at their jobs.
- You're an expert in building backend services, designing data models, and connecting all the layers in between
- You've built and operated production-grade applications in Python
- You excel at engineering design and review, from building new systems to providing great code reviews
- You work closely with designers and product managers on a fast-moving team
- You thrive in a diverse, cross-functional team, collaborating with people throughout the company
To succeed in the role, you’ll need to have:
- You've led the design and implementation of large systems in multi-person teams
- You have 8+ years of professional software development experience
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Preferred Candidates Come With
- You've worked on large-scale React web apps, using Redux
- You know how to design and optimize relational database models, and have used a relational database at scale
- You love hands-on coding and enjoy being thrown in the middle of mission-critical projects
- You're excited to learn from your peers