Social Network Engineer
Engineering | San Diego, CA
Social Network Engineer
Position Location: Gaslamp, San Diego, CA
Reports to: VP of Engineering
FanBox is a dynamic social marketplace changing how contents, goods and services are distributed, consumed, and purchased on the internet. Content includes entertainment (i.e. videos & music), information (i.e. blogs on thousands of categories), auction for products (watches, purses, etc.), and services (i.e. dog-walking service or massage therapy).
FanBox (www.fanbox.com) is a marketplace+ social network + banking engine --- all in the new social marketplace; you are able to make money for you and your favorite charitable cause. FanBox gives 1% of all content provider earnings to charitable causes chosen by the community, including funding orphanages, fighting illiteracy, and finding the cure to breast cancer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEK5iWres6E
Description- Social Network Engineer
The ideal candidate will have a passion for coding great products and been involved in code projects and competitions in and outside of school.
- Self-management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Regular code reviews
Work closely with technical managers and engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach to meet our customer’s needs
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to jump into a code review and help design great software with peers
- Exhibit excellent logic
- Expect and require innovation
- Bring passion to work each day and have the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Exude confidence in ability to resolve complex problems
- Exceptional in mathematics
Technical Expertise required:
Prior hands-on working experience and management of resources using the following technologies:
- C#, ASP.net, Java, and/or SQL
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- The chance to work on a team with a game changing social economy.
- Ability to provide millions of dollars in value to charitable causes and make a difference on this planet during your lifetime.
- Working with a world-class leadership team, as well as specialists across technology, design, program, and strategy who have unparalleled knowledge and understanding of the social networking domain.
- An opportunity to help grow and shape the company, to help take a product already built (and showing consumer demand) to market.
- Vibrant, youthful, fun company culture. Casual web 2.0 company in attire with a fierce fire to win, and obsessive focus on metrics.