Senior iOS Engineer
Software Engineering | Mill Valley, CA | Full Time
Eleven Systems is a software development group owned by a private equity firm Grassycreek based in London. In addition to our headquarters in London we have major offices in Mill Valley, Sarasota, Durham, Crested Butte and Amsterdam. We are a part of the software ventures group and we develop software for the various business that we own.
An example of one of our businesses is Eleven Experience. We develop operational software for Eleven as well as guest iOS apps that contain guest preferences, trip itineraries, concierge services and more all aimed towards creating a high end experience for our guests. Projects like these are incredibly fun and exciting to build because they are immediately useful and tested by our own businesses.
One of the largest projects that we're working on currently is called the Personal Life Manager (PLM). PLM is a product for ultra high net worth clients (the kind that are guests at our Eleven properties). With the PLM app you can see your total net worth across all asset classes - your bank accounts, private investments, properties and back end accounting systems. You can also manage your properties including a staff management platform, checklist tool and Smart Home controls for remotely managing lighting, climate, security, cameras and more. PLM is like no other product in the market and is a product that has been generating a lot of interest from potential customers and investors alike. We have been using it ourselves for the last 3 years and are close to bringing the product to market.
We are looking to hire a full time Senior iOS Engineer with at least 10 years of experience (a stud) into our Technology Ventures Group based in Mill Valley, CA. The candidate will be responsible for leading the development of various iOS applications such as the Personal Life Manager (PLM). Our ideal candidate is a smart, experienced, articulate, highly motivated and curious engineer who loves all things interactive, wants to push the boundaries of technology and user experience, and is ready to take a project and run with it.
- At least 5 or more years of experience developing iPhone applications.
- At least one iOS application in the App Store.
- Strong Swift (some Objective-C) skills with solid understanding of Object-Oriented design.
- Proficiency in programming with latest Xcode SDK versions.
- Understanding of universal storyboards for responsive layouts on multiple device types.
- Experience programming in Cocoa, Cocoa Touch and other Apple Frameworks.
- Experience with Apple’s Core Data; including migrations.
- Proficiency in UI and UX design which adhere to Apple’s Human Interface Design Guidelines.
- Strong object oriented analysis and design skills.
- Experience using RESTFul web services using JSON.
- Experience trouble shooting complex application.
- Experience working in an Scrum environment.
- Taking ownership of large feature and/or Apps.
- Design and execute user-facing features on iOS devices
- Create and update application designs for application enhancements
- Provide technical leadership, driving and performing best engineering practices.
- Produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and inspected for continuous integration.
- Lead a team of developers
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Mill Valley, CA
Required experience: 5+ years as an iOS engineer