VP of Engineering
Engineering | Portland, OR | Full Time
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, we are the makers of ElevenOS, the cloud-based central authentication platform used by major hospitality brands and telecom carriers around the world to effortlessly and securely connect guests and residents (and all their devices) to the internet with an at-home wifi experience.
We are currently looking for a mentor to lead our talented Engineering team who can motivate and inspire in their role as VP of Engineering.
Your job as the leader of the engineering team will be to drive the technical direction of Eleven. You’ll innovate and sharpen our edge as the leader in cloud-based, centralized authentication services. And you’ll do this while improving an already impressive feature set to meet the needs of our rapidly growing customer base.
There’s never a dull day at Eleven. If you like surprising people with your knack for making the complex simple, if leading a team of driven engineers with diversified skillsets sounds attractive, if you’re an inspirational leader with both technical and people skills with the ability and drive to build on Eleven’s leadership position while enriching our culture, let’s talk!
- Leadership: Work across the company translating market requirements into competitive commercial solutions. Inspire the team to develop best practices and continuous improvement (e.g. agile and continuous delivery)
- Technical Architect: Be the leading technical voice in the company. Decide what technical approaches are best for the company's needs. Plan for the long term, but make consistent progress in the short term. Ensure the performance, resiliency and security of our systems and working practices.
- Culture and Team: Be responsible for all engineers in the company creating an environment in which each is proud of where they work. Push for exceptionally high-quality work and empower our engineers to make a large impact across the company and the industry overall
- Organize and mentor talented team of developers; provide technical leadership
- Establish the go forward technical direction resulting in a modern scalable cloud architecture
- Optimize software development and project management practices
- Collaborate closely with Product Management and other business executives to ensure ongoing market leadership
- Foster a creative innovative culture with a strong emphasis on team
- Be the technical thought leader for the organization, maintain high level of technical fluency
- Interface with strategic partners and customers regarding their needs and Eleven’s roadmap ensuring all stakeholders are well served
- Drive developer productivity and solve issues standing in their way
- Expand our engineering team, lead technical recruitment efforts and hiring processes
- Establish scope, priority, and schedule of product deliverables with the rest of the leadership
- Participate and contribute to company’s management team influencing our strategic direction
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Have a track record of managing, leading and motivating productive engineering teams
- Experience modern software development practices (e.g. microservices and agile development)
- Experience in standing up and managing a global AWS footprint
- 10+ years of commercial B2B software development experience
- 5+ years in a leadership role
- Well versed in cloud-based technologies and best practices
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity; strong background in technology and technical leadership
- Self-directed, with the demonstrated ability to make complex and difficult decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to present complex technical ideas in a customer-facing setting and generate detailed technical documentation
- Experience with high-volume transaction processing, Wi-Fi networking standards, identity management and AAA services (RADIUS) a plus
More about us!
We authenticated over 200 million guest sessions last year. ElevenOS is the leading guest wifi platform in the market and we’re seeking to transform guest wifi experience in several industries.
Eleven is a privately held company that’s growing quickly with global contracts with some of the world’s top hotel brands. We have terrific people with a shared passion for our core values of teamwork, excellence, innovation, and customer-centricity!
Great work deserves great perks! Some of the awesome perks of working here are:
- Growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation & benefits
- Stock options
- Vibrant culture
- Casual dress
- Regular office happy hours
- Dog-friendly office
- Lots of bike storage
- Downtown location (food carts and restaurants galore!)
Still want to know more about us? We’re flattered. Learn more about our company and products at www.elevenwifi.com.