Solutions Engineering Manager
Solutions Engineering | Portland, OR | Full Time
We are Eleven Software. We make a central authorization platform chosen by international brands that effortlessly and securely connects all of their visitors’ devices to the internet. We are a diverse company that encourages applicants from non-traditional backgrounds to apply. We practice our own flavor of agile software development that emphasize iteration and feedback, and we care about getting the process right.
We authenticated over 150 million guest sessions last year. Within our business-domain we are well positioned for further growth over the coming years. We want to fortify our software to prepare for and facilitate that future.
About the Opportunity
Eleven is seeking a technically savvy Engagement Manager to ensure timely, successful implementations of Eleven’s Wi-Fi platform. Eleven’s large strategic customers often require custom development work to fully extract 100% of the value from the platform. In this role, you will collaborate with customers, core engineering, sales and customer success teams resulting in purpose-built solutions that meet customer needs. You will manage multiple customer projects simultaneously. This includes managing the flow of customer projects, documenting requirements and timelines, providing customers with timely support, managing open issues related to each project, ensuring communication across Eleven teams, and ensuring successful completion of each engagement. Eleven is seeking a candidate with strong leadership skills. The candidate will be hands on throughout the entire customer engagement lifecycle. The candidate must be comfortable working closely with customers to gather requirements, troubleshoot issues, and advise them on developed solutions.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Serve as project lead and primary interface and point of contact for customer
- Manage solution engineers for each project
- Own all of the functional aspects of customer projects including project management, documentation of requirements and timeline, resolution of open issues, communication of status and more
- Scope and prepare Statements of Work (SOW) for fee-based custom engagements
- Coordinate and work closely with the other members of the Eleven’s Sales, Core Engineering and Customer Success teams
- Manage all customer communication, including email, phone and face-to-face meetings
- Serve as a customer advocate within Eleven escalating issues and driving feature requests
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of ElevenOS the company’s SaaS platform
- Draft work proposals and estimate work
- Gather customer requirements, translate requirements for the engineering team
- Work in close coordination with Eleven’s core engineering group to ensure deliverables align with both architectural and quality standards of the company
- Leverage excess capacity to support ad hoc pre-sales project work
- BS or Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Business or Engineering
- Work experience of 5+ years with 1+ years of managerial experience in Product Management, Professional Services or Project Management in the context of enterprise B2B software
- Flexibility to travel to customer sites 25% of the time or as necessary for project success
- Exceptional project management skills; PMP certification a plus but does not replace relevant work experience
- Expertise in SaaS B2B businesses
Why Choose Eleven?
We know you have a choice of where to commit your expertise, and we want you to choose Eleven. Our employees are central to what we do; without you, there’s no product. Here are some of the ways we’re making life better for the developers who have chosen Eleven:
- An office in the heart of downtown, located close to endless delicious food carts and with the convenience of several public transportation options
- Opportunities for career development
- Dynamic workstations; laptop, multiple monitors, standing or sit-down desk
- Company-wide collaboration on Slack, GoToMeeting, Join.me, Google Docs
- Meeting rooms with endless whiteboard walls
- Regularly scheduled social afternoons in the kitchen with beer, cider, wine, soda & food (not mandatory but a heck of a lot of fun, especially if you’re into board games, video games, or crossword puzzles!)
- Flexible work-from-home policy & a realistic work-life balance
- Bring your dog to work, every day
- An amazing team of employees driven by success and collaboration
Still want to know more about us? We’re flattered. Learn more about our company and products at www.elevenwifi.com.