Engineering | Portland, OR | Full Time
We are Eleven Software. We make a central authorization platform chosen by international brands that effortlessly and securely connects all of their visitors’ devices to the internet. We are a diverse company that encourages applicants from non-traditional backgrounds to apply. We practice our own flavor of agile software development that emphasize iteration and feedback, and we care about getting the process right.
We authenticated over 150 million guest sessions last year. Within our business-domain we are well positioned for further growth over the coming years. We want to fortify our software to prepare for and facilitate that future.
Much of our front-end is currently built in AngularJS but we are interested in modularizing the business logic and migrating the view layers to React and Vue.js. Much of our backend is built with C#, other parts of our stack incorporate Node and Python. We believe in the right tool for the job, and that means leveraging the latest technologies where appropriate.
About the Opportunity
- Expertise in the client-side fundamentals (CSS/SASS/HTML), including mobile-first approach and making it work (even on Internet Explorer)
- Experience in AngularJS
- An understanding object oriented patterns and how to apply them
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills -- you like working with and contributing as part of a team
- Some background in either React or Vue.js
- Experience in a Windows stack, MSSQL, C# .NET
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Continuous integration and improvement tooling
- Experience leveraging AWS features to solve problems
Why Choose Eleven?
We know you have a choice of where to commit your code, and we want you to choose Eleven. Developers are central to what we do; without you, there’s no product. Here are some of the ways we’re making life better for the developers who have chosen Eleven:
- An office in the heart of downtown, located close to endless delicious food carts and with the convenience of several public transportation options
- Opportunities for career development
- Dynamic workstations; laptop, multiple monitors, standing or sit-down desk
- Company-wide collaboration on Slack, GoToMeeting, Join.me, Google Docs
- Meeting rooms with endless whiteboard walls
- Regularly scheduled social afternoons in the kitchen with beer, cider, wine, soda & food (not mandatory but a heck of a lot of fun, especially if you’re into board games, video games, or crossword puzzles!)
- Flexible work-from-home policy & a realistic work-life balance
- Bring your dog to work, every day
- An amazing team of employees driven by success and collaboration
Still want to know more about us? We’re flattered. Learn more about our company and products at www.elevenwifi.com.