Cloud Services Software Architect
Engineering | Portland, OR | Full Time
About the Opportunity
Do you crave the opportunity to help a successful, growing company scale in the cloud? We’re Eleven Software; makers of ElevenOS, the cloud-based central authentication platform used by major hospitality brands around the world to effortlessly and securely connect guests and residents (and all their devices) to the internet with an at-home wifi experience.
If you join us as a Cloud Services Software Architect, you’ll be leading our transformation from a .NET, C# and SQL application stack to a modern cloud service architecture in AWS. The challenge isn’t small. You’ll need to dig in and understand what our legacy application does and then propose ways to gain scale and efficiency by breaking capabilities of the legacy application out into services that can scale endlessly and be regionalized as required.
As an engineering and operations team, we’re passionate about our mission to innovate and sharpen Eleven’s edge as the leader in cloud-based centralized authentication services for guest networks. We authenticated over 150 million guest sessions last year, and, even though we’re fifteen years old, that was just the beginning. Your expertise in cloud technologies and service oriented architecture are exactly what we need to get where we’re going.
There’s never a dull day here. If you like a mind-bending challenge… or if working within a team of driven engineers with diversified skillsets sounds attractive… and working alongside a whole team of terrific people with a shared passion for our core values of teamwork, excellence, innovation, and customer-centricity excites you, then Eleven might be the place for you. If you agree, let’s talk.
- Working collaboratively with development and product leaders, identify and prioritize opportunities to peel off legacy application capabilities into cloud services
- Create architecture documents that illustrate inter-operation and integration of each new service with other services and with the core application stack
- Select appropriate cloud technologies for each service and specify minimum and ideal infrastructure for each
- Work with the operations team to ensure proper management of cloud service infrastructure
- Provide guidance and mentorship to developers on language selection and design patterns
- Where appropriate, write code
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills -- you like working with a team
- Self-starter -- you can see the scope of a problem and know where to start
- Expertise in some or all of the technologies we currently use (.NET, C#, Linux, Python, SQL, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch)
- Proven experience designing scalable cloud architectures (AWS) and deep knowledge of cloud architecture best practices
- Expertise in regionalization strategies and regionalized operations
- Experience with complex hybrid (public cloud, private cloud, data center) architectures
- Knowledge of software development life cycles and agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of or expertise in best practices for handling personally identifiable information (PII) and European data privacy law
- Experience with big data, data stream processing, and/or complex event processing
- Experience with RADIUS / AAA
We know you have a choice of where to commit your code, and we want you to choose Eleven. Developers are central to what we do; without you, there’s no product. Here are some of the ways we’re making life better for the developers who have chosen Eleven:
- Laptop + multiple monitors (as many as you want!)
- Standing or sit down desk
- Company-wide collaboration on Slack + Google Docs
- Your choice of remote collaboration tools (Slack, GoToMeeting, Join.me)
- Meeting rooms with endless whiteboard walls
- Regularly scheduled social afternoons in the kitchen with beer, cider, wine, soda & food (not mandatory but a heck of a lot of fun, especially if you’re into board games, video games, or crossword puzzles!)
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Bring your dog to work, every day
Still want to know more about us? We’re flattered. Learn more about our company and products at www.elevenwifi.com.