Back-End / Full Stack Developer
Engineering | Portland, OR | Full Time
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for a talented and experienced Back-End or Full Stack Developer to join our Agile/Scrum SaaS development team. We’re Eleven Software; makers of ElevenOS, the cloud-based central authentication platform used by major hospitality brands around the world to effortlessly and securely connect guests and residents (and all their devices) to the internet with an at-home wifi experience.
If you join us, you’ll be working in a variety of languages and frameworks, from legacy .NET, C# and SQL to more modern Linux, Python and Elasticsearch. You might even get to work on the interesting and difficult challenges presented when integrating with and talking to switches and access points from multiple vendors in real-time.
Your job as part of the engineering team is to help Eleven continue to innovate and sharpen our edge as the leader in cloud-based centralized authentication services for guest networks as we scale and modernize to meet rapidly growing demand. We authenticated over 150 million guest sessions last year, and, even though we’re fifteen years old, that was just the beginning. You’re comfortable working in a rapidly scaling SaaS environment where legacy services, still running in the languages in which they were built, are talking to a growing set of modular services built in modern languages on modern stacks.
There’s never a dull day here. If you like a mind-bending challenge… or if working within a team of driven engineers with diversified skillsets sounds attractive… and working alongside a whole team of terrific people with a shared passion for our core values of teamwork, excellence, innovation, and customer-centricity excites you, then Eleven might be the place for you. If you agree, let’s talk.
- In collaboration with other development, product management and UX team members, turn user stories into performant, scalable capabilities, features, services and applications within the ElevenOS ecosystem
- Work across functions to solve architectural and code-design challenges
- Have an opinion about service design and code best practices; be a champion for decisions that will scale and make a difference in the long term
- Expertise in some or all of the technologies we use (.NET, C#, Linux, Python, SQL, Elasticsearch)
- Demonstrable experience building scalable cloud services
- Proven experience shipping product as part of an Agile team
- Strong desire to help a successful company scale existing cloud-based services while also being a significant contributor to the development of new products
- Experience developing with analytics, reporting and data visualization technologies
- Experience with data stream processing and message queues
- Experience with or interest in consumer-focused, RESTful API design
We know you have a choice of where to commit your code, and we want you to choose Eleven. Developers are central to what we do; without you, there’s no product. Here are some of the ways we’re making life better for the developers who have chosen Eleven:
- Laptop + multiple monitors (as many as you want!)
- Standing or sit down desk
- Company-wide collaboration on Slack + Google Docs
- Your choice of remote collaboration tools (Slack, GoToMeeting, Join.me)
- Meeting rooms with endless whiteboard walls
- Regularly scheduled social afternoons in the kitchen with beer, cider, wine, soda & food (not mandatory but a heck of a lot of fun, especially if you’re into board games, video games, or crossword puzzles!)
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Bring your dog to work, every day
Still want to know more about us? We’re flattered. Learn more about our company and products at www.elevenwifi.com.