VP, Head of Licensing
Marketing | New York, NY | Full Time
Title: VP, Head of Licensing
Reporting to: Chief Creative Officer, Head of Programming, New SVOD Venture, Electus
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Electus is the first integrated studio to unite producers, creators, advertisers and distributors under one roof and produce all forms of content across broadcast, cable, digital, OTT and various emerging technologies. Electus Digital, the digital creative and distribution arm of Electus, specializes in creating entertaining content across comedy, gaming, and animation categories, and provides full-service branded and third party creative services. It is comprised of CollegeHumor, the #1 Most Viewed Comedy Channel on YouTube, Dorkly and emerging animation brand, Drawfee
Electus is an operating business of IAC [NASDAQ: IACI].
For more information on Electus Digital, visit www.electus.com/digital.
A key Electus Video Segment is embarking upon a bold new venture and will be launching a new premium subscription video on demand service in the coming year. This segment is looking for a head of licensing to help lead these efforts.
The role is a critical leadership position at the heart of bringing this new line of business to life. The Head of Licensing will play a senior role in programming the subscription video platform and report directly into the overall Head of Programming. This person will be required to make key licensing decisions on a wide range of content - from movies to TV to web series to podcasts - that support the overall programming vision, voice, and audience target for the platform. This person needs to be experienced in licensing premium content, both short and long form, with a very strong existing network and rapport with the major studios and libraries. This person will primarily be licensing English language, domestic content, but should still have experience licensing international as well. This role is equal parts deal sourcing, business affairs, and creative programming, and the ideal candidate should be able to wear all 3 hats. We are looking for someone with a fresh approach to this work, a taste for comedy content in particular, and a proven ability to get creative in deal making.
Required Qualifications / Experience:
- The ideal candidate is a mid-level executive with 8-12 years of experience and a track record of success within disruptive, fast-paced companies.
- They will have deep understanding of licensing, acquisition as part of an overall programming strategy.
- The candidate has built or been a part of strong, cross-functional licensing teams in the past
- This individual is a strategic thinker who feels confident making analytical and creative decisions.
- Content and deal making experience is a plus. A comedy fan is key.
- Passionate about leading change in a rapidly evolving industry and has experience/knowledge of media industry
- Demonstrated and comprehensive understanding of licensing across online, digital video and OTT space.
- Developing and executing ground breaking deals that meet key success metrics is a key part of your background.
- Excellent creative thinking, writing and presentation skills, with a demonstrated track record of license deal making.
- Relationship oriented with strong interpersonal skills. Comfortable with all layers of colleagues from senior Electus leadership to junior creative teams.
- Results-oriented, proactive and a highly responsive individual with excellent written, verbal, and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, manage several projects at once and work under pressure.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, proactive thinker ability to thrive in an often ambiguous, fast-paced, small company, start up environment.